Employer Connect Services
University of Warwick
Terms and Conditions, effective 1st February 2013, reviewed April 2020
The University of Warwick is the provider of the Employer Connect charged services (“Employer Connect”). Our administrative office is located at University House, Kirby Corner Road, Coventry CV4 8UW, England. The terms "you" and "your", when used in these terms, refer to you as the customer.
Prior to making a booking or reservation, please read these terms and conditions, submission of the booking form will be deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
Employer Connect includes but is not limited to:
(a) “Event Services”; includes Exhibitions Space, Careers Fairs, Employer Presentations, Sector Events and bookings of meeting rooms/interview facilities. For the avoidance of doubt reservations of Event Services at an event are made subject to the availability of space and our acceptance of your order. The initial online booking form constitutes a provisional booking, which will be confirmed by the Employer Connect team via email. Once you have received a confirmation email from Employer Connect stating the full price of the event, cancellation charges will apply.
(b) “Advertising Services”; includes Web Banners and Recruiters Club subscription, which shall be booked subject to approval by the Employer Connect team in line with our advertising policy guidelines which have been provided to you OR shall be readily available upon request and on upon receipt of an email confirming acceptance of your order. The initial online booking form constitutes a provisional booking, which will be confirmed by the Employer Connect team via email.
Collectively referred to as the “Services”
1. Payment terms:
(a) Upon confirmation of your order Employer Connect, we will send you an invoice which must be paid to the University of Warwick within 14 days from date of invoice (“due date”). If you require a purchase order number to be quoted on the invoice then this must be provided to Employer Connect at the time of booking. All fees or sums payable under this Agreement are exclusive of any applicable value added tax. If any sum is not paid by the due date, then without prejudice to any other rights and remedies it may have, Employer Connect may suspend performance of its obligations under this Agreement and/or charge interest on a daily basis at the rate of 4% above the National Westminster Bank PLC Base Rate from time to time in force, compounded quarterly, from the date for payment of that sum to the date of actual payment.
(b) Employer Connect reserve the right to; undertake a credit check to make sure that you will be able to meet all charges when they fall due. If Employer Connect is not reasonably satisfied at any time that you will be able to meet the charges then Employer Connect may, at its sole discretion, cancel the booking unless you pay a deposit or pay part or all of the charges in advance as we may decide. Employer Connect also reserves the right to decline an order to any organization that we deem unsuitable for the event / advertising service
2. You shall use all reasonable endeavours to facilitate the provision of the services by Employer Connect and shall:
(a) Co-operate with Employer Connect;
(b) Provide Employer Connect with all data and other information reasonably required by Employer Connect;
(c) Comply at all times with the terms of this Agreement and such other requirements as may be otherwise agreed in writing between the parties.
3. The liability of Employer Connect for any breach of this Agreement, or arising any other way out of the provision of the Services will not extend to any incidental or consequential damages or losses including (without limitation) loss of profits. In any event you accept and agree that the maximum liability of Employer Connect under or otherwise in connection with this booking and/or any Services connected to it shall not exceed the return of the monies paid by you under this Agreement.
4. You must have in place adequate insurance to cover your obligations and liabilities under this agreement. Evidence of such insurance must be made available to Employer Connect upon reasonable request.
5. If you issue a purchase order, memorandum or other agreement covering the services to be provided under this Agreement, it is agreed that such document is for the your own internal purposes only, in which case all terms and conditions contained in such a document which are additional to or inconsistent with this Agreement shall be of no force or effect, unless such document has been accepted in writing by a duly authorised representative of the University.
6. You may not use the name and/or logo of the “University of Warwick” or “Employer Connect” and/or any of its departments or subsidiaries OR any photographs of any part of the University without the prior written permission of the University of Warwick, in any event, only for the purposes of promoting the event.
7. Either party may terminate this Agreement forthwith by notice in writing to the other if:
(a) the other party is in default of any material obligation of this Agreement or commits a series of persistent breaches of this Agreement and, in the case of such default being reasonably capable of being remedied, fails to remedy it within thirty (30) calendar days of being given written notice from the other party to do so or
(b) if the other party becomes insolvent, or takes or suffers any similar or analogous action.
8. Cancellation charges
Cancellation charges for careers fair bookings;
The following charges apply from confirmation of booking:
• 9+ weeks prior to an event = 50% of fee
• 0-8 weeks prior to an event = 100% of fee
Cancellation charges for sector events, employer presentations, and meeting room / interview facilities;
No refund will be offered on cancellation of booking. Full charges will be incurred on submission of booking form.
Cancellation charges for Recruiters Club subscriptions;
Subscription charges are for a 12 month period dated from submission of online booking form. No refund will be offered for cancellation in part during this 12 month period.
9. Nothing in this Agreement shall create, imply or evidence any partnership or joint venture between the University and the Company or the relationship between them, of principal and agent.
10. Bribery Act 2010
Both parties shall:
(a) comply with all relevant requirements which shall mean all applicable laws, statutes, regulations, and codes relating to anti-bribery and anti-corruption including but not limited to the Bribery Act 2010 and any amendment thereto;
(b) comply with and maintain in place throughout the term of this Agreement its own anti-bribery and anti-corruption policies as well as Adequate Procedures (as defined in S7(2) of the Bribery Act 2010 and the guidance provided under S9); and
(c) not engage in any activity, practice or conduct which would constitute an offence under S1, 2 or 6 of the Bribery Act 2010.
11. Neither party will be liable for any delay in performing its obligations under this Agreement if that delay is caused by circumstances beyond its reasonable control (including, without limitation, any delay caused by an act or omission of the other party) and the party affected will be entitled to a reasonable extension of time for the performance of its obligations.
12. This Agreement shall be governed by English Law and the parties hereby submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English court.