Skip to main content

Kirby Corner Car Park project: non-permit holders

The car park directly affected by the work, next to University House, is for permit holders only. However, the surrounding car parks are likely to be busier than usual as permit holders' habits change during construction.

If you intend to drive to work during construction and you’re not a staff parking permit holder, here are the measures we’re putting in place to help you, and the parking options open to you:

Signage system

Throughout the work we will operate a system of road-side yellow signs to help you quickly identify which car parks are full and which still have spaces, in addition to the existing signs for Gibbet Hill and Central Campus.

If Central Campus is full, we advise looking for spaces on Westwood Campus - there are car parks there for pay and display/flexi-pay scratch card users.

Car sharing

We run a staff car share scheme, WarwickShare, that can help you to find a permit holder to get a lift to campus with.

Reserved WarwickShare parking bays will be available throughout construction in car park 16, and there are others close by, just over Kirby Corner Road from the front of University House.

Cryfield Village Car Park

Opening late 2018

Over the autumn 2018 we will create a more long-term (though not permanent) surface car park behind Radcliffe Conference Centre with around 450 spaces. It will be available for permit holders, flexipay users and pay and display users.

Part of the process of constructing this car park will be to carry out a thorough ecological survey of the area. If we find any issues concerning the preservation of local wildlife, the completion of the project may be delayed. We will provide updates as and when we can.

This car park will be next to a new pedestrian and cycle route from Central Campus to the new Sport and Wellness Hub that will be constructed at the same time, making it easy for you to park there and get to your building. Vehicle access to the car park will be via Leighfield Road.

Getting to your building

While the project is underway, the existing car parks may be busier than usual at times. If you find that you have to park further away from your building than usual, and don’t want to walk the whole distance, you can:

  • Hire a UniCycle. There are stations for these all over campus, and near to all car parks.
  • Get the free campus Shuttlebus. There are 3 services, covering all parts of campus, with stops close to most car parks.