Important Update - There will be no access to the Chaplaincy facilities from Friday 20th March and until further notice.
We remain available via email and phone.
Support Through Covid-19
These are strange and unsettling times. Chaplains care deeply about the University community and every person who studies and works in the institution.
Chaplains are available for staff (including furloughed and staff with casual contracts not currently working) and all students.
We can offer support over email; phone or through online video calling. You’re welcome to get in touch directly with any of us. We’re here for people of all faiths and none.
Examples of reasons to contact us:
- To be listened to well; however big or apparently small the burden you’re carrying. If it matters to you, it matters to us.
- To get support while you are studying away from campus.
- For support and advice of a spiritual nature (whatever your position on faith and belief).
- To discuss problems at work, or in your departments, confidentially
- To refer a student or colleague about whom you are concerned (they will need to have given you permission to do this in order for us to be able to contact them).
Support through bereavement during the Covid-19 pandemic
The death of loved ones is always painful and difficult. At the moment, this pain is being heightened by the very difficult and sudden circumstances of death with Coronavirus and in the limited arrangements now permitted for funerals and gatherings to say goodbye.
Chaplains are keeping up to date with restrictions from funeral directors and crematoriums and can offer advice and support to staff and students having to make arrangements during these difficult days. It may be that we are also able to lead the funerals of loved ones or perhaps discuss arrangements for a memorial service once restrictions have been lifted further.
If you, or someone you know, has recently lost a friend or relative, you are very welcome to get in touch.
The Chaplaincy Team are working from home, but we are still available to support you - wherever you are at the moment - by email and phone. Please get in touch:
- Chaplaincy Office (Alex): firstname.lastname@example.org 024 7652 3519
- Anglican Chaplain (Rev. Kate): K.Pearson@warwick.ac.uk 024 7652 8158
- Muslim Chaplain (Shaykh Imran): email@example.com 07725404352
- Catholic Chaplain (Fr. Harry): firstname.lastname@example.org 07881 901587
- Free Church Chaplain (Rev. Mark): email@example.com 024 7652 3520
- University Jewish Chaplaincy (Head Office): firstname.lastname@example.org 020 8343 5678