Although we don't have our own Sikh Chaplain at Warwick, the Chaplains are able to make links on behalf of students seeking information or guidance. A Sikh member of staff suggests the following links which may be of particular help during lockdown:
Whilst all gurudwaras are closed, some are providing live streaming links. There are also many guided simran and meditation videos available.
- Sri Guru Singh Sabha, Southall, UK. Continuous and set time livestreams
- Guru Nanak Darbar Gurdwara Gravesend, UK. Livestreaming at set times
- Guru Nanak Gurdwara, Canada. Livestream and set times
- Akhand Keertan Jatha, recordings of live smagams and curated playlists
- Sri Bhaini Sahib Gurudwara, Punjab, India. Livestreams kirtan at set times
Guided Meditation: Nanak NaamBasics of Sikhi, English Parchar and Katha. Live at set times:Sikh2Inspire, live darbars, English Parchar and Katha. Live at set times:City Sikhs has provided a detailed response and many resources in English and Punjabi on their response to COVID-19 including Gurudwara policies, travel, visas and legal status etc.
The Chaplaincy hosts the Sikh Society for many regular events. For details, go to https://www.warwicksu.com/societies/Sikh/