Frequently asked questions (FAQ)
What we're doing to help keep you safe
Frequently asked questions (FAQ)
Our number one priority is for all of our customers to stay safe and well.
In accordance with Government advice, we are implementing a carefully planned, phased approach to reopening our venues. This includes reinforcing our already exceptional standards and setting out new safety measures when running your events to help keep everyone safe.
Face coverings are no longer legally required, but we would encourage all guests to wear one in public spaces and when moving around the building.
We will be limiting contact at check in and check out, including:
- Key cards will be sanitised before use
- On check out used keys will be deposited into a separate container to be sanitised
- A clean pen will be offered to every guest when registering and then left in a separate container to be wiped down and sanitised
Hand sanitising stations and antibacterial wipes will be available to all customers on arrival. The Reception team will also clean and sanitise the desk on an hourly basis as a minimum.
Our Reception desk is fitted with Perspex screens to protect both customers and staff.
Warwick Conferences will be moving to a cashless environment wherever possible. In order to do this, we will:
- Encourage guests to settle any room accounts with the pre-authorised card provided on check in.
- Ask guests to pay via contactless technology wherever possible at the bar or across the desk.
- Explore further how we can utilise technology to support guests paying online wherever possible
- Card payment machines will be wiped down by the Reception team between users and wipes will be available should a guest wish to do this themselves.
We will deep clean and sanitise the bedroom between bookings with a focus on common touch points and frequently touched items including:
- Switches and electronic controls
- Handles and knobs
- Major bathroom surfaces including hand soap dispensers etc.
- Bed, bedding and any soft furnishings
- All hard surfaces
- Irons, safes, kettles etc.
- Any in room food and beverage supplies
We will minimise any time where room attendants need to enter a guest’s bedroom whilst the guest is checked in. This may only include emptying of bins or replacement of towels if requested.
All housekeeping equipment including trolleys, vacuum cleaners will be wiped down and sanitised at the start and end of each shift.
To ensure a cleaner and safer stay, we will also remove paper amenities and items that may not be necessary including clock radios, irons, hair dryers, stationery sets, bibles and additional bedding. These items will still be available on request.
Menus and any other in-room information, including a letter about our enhanced procedures, will be replaced for every new guest.
Overnight delegates are able to use the gym and swimming pool at the Sports and Wellness Hub free of charge. At present there is a booking system, please contact reception for further details.
We continue to offer a number of food and drink options. Our food and drink provision includes:
- A served buffet
- Table service
- Contact free meeting space catering
- BBQ or picnic outdoor dining
- Individual prepared boxed grab and go meals
- Room service
Access to any food and beverage areas will be controlled and limited. The following measures will be in place:
- Access will be managed by a member of our team
- Dependent on numbers, guests may be given an allocated time for collection or entry
- Limits on the number of people in the area at any one time
Hand sanitiser stations and antibacterial wipes will also be available for guests at entrances and inside food and beverage areas, with all touch points cleaned regularly and sanitised at least once an hour.
If you start to feel unwell, please use the 111 online coronavirus service if you have either:
- A high temperature – this means you feel hot to touch on your chest or back (you do not need to measure your temperature)
- A new, continuous cough – this means coughing a lot for more than an hour, or 3 or more coughing episodes in 24 hours (if you usually have a cough, it may be worse than usual)
- Loss of smell or taste
The 111 online coronavirus service will ask about your symptoms and advise on how to protect yourself and others.
In order to protect others if you do feel unwell, please inform the Duty Manager at the venue
In addition to introducing extensive new cleaning protocols and social distancing measures, all of our team will be provided with enhanced training designed to protect their well-being while continuing to deliver our exceptional level of customer service.
All risk assessments will also be carried out in line with government guidance.
Get in touch to discuss your ideal event
Phone +44 (0)24 7652 3222 Email hello-conferences at warwick dot ac dot uk