Post-PhD Career Panels
On Day 2 of the Festival of Doctoral Research we had an exciting opportunity to explore a range of career pathways for PhD graduates in and outside academia!
- Heard speakers from a variety of backgrounds: Academic and non-academic, senior and early career, science to arts.
- Interdisciplinary panels: Hosted two career panels in a Q&A format.
- You can find out about the speakers and watch the recordings below.
Prof Abhir Bhalerao (Computer Science)
- Professor. Research in medical imaging and computer vision.
Dr David Brown (Physics)
- Senior Research Fellow. Lead in Science Management Team of the ESA PLATO mission.
Dr Claire French (Theatre Studies - now at the University of Birmingham)
- Assistant Professor. Specialist in multilingual theatre and performance with minority/low-status languages.
Dr Anastasia Stavridou (Applied Linguistics - now at University of Manchester)
- Lecturer. Research in Sociolinguistics, Discourse Analysis and Intercultural Communication
Dr David Wright (Centre for Cultural and Media Policy Studies)
- Associate Professor. Working on popular culture and digital technologies.
Dr Debmalya Sinha (Software Engineer @ Meta - PhD WMG)
- PhD topic: Development of a Light Field-based rendering technique from real-world scenes.
Dr Giulia Luvisotto (Strategist Consultant @ Gemic - PhD Philosophy)
- PhD topic: Responsibility for attitudes: A virtue-centered view of what it is to be responsible that does without a control requirement.
Dr Nicole Reily-Horne (Hub Process Scientist @ Severn Trent - PhD Chemistry)
- PhD topic: Boron Doped Diamond Electrochemical Sensors for the Environment; Towards In-Situ Analysis
Dr Alun Rees (Data Scientist @ Government Office for Science - PhD Physics)
- PhD topic: Simulations of asymmetry in laser-driven implosions for Inertial Confinement Fusion.