For 2019/20 entry there will be 10 scholarships available to be awarded to the most outstanding PhD applicants.
Awards made for entry in Autumn 2019 will include both of the following:
- The full payment of academic tuition fees (worth £4,347)
- A maintenance stipend in line with UKRI rates (provisional £15,009 for full time award holders in 2019/20, expected to be confirmed February 2019)
- Length of funding: 3.5 years, unless you are already in your first year of study when you apply then the length of funding will be reduced accordingly.
- Applicants for an EU Chancellor's Scholarship must be applying for a PhD at the University of Warwick to begin in October 2019, OR
- Students currently enrolled on a PhD or MPhil/PhD at the University of Warwick may apply in their first year of registration only;
- Applicants can be applying to any discipline at Warwick.
- Applicants should be assessed as eligible for 'EU Fees' by Postgraduate Admissions in order to be eligible for funding.
- Applicants must have applied for admission to the University by the application deadline.
The scholarship application deadline for this year’s competition is 23:59 (GMT) on Wednesday 6th March 2019.
For 2019/20 entry we allocated over £650,000 in Chancellor's EU Scholarships
The application process...
Submit an expression of interest online
Invitation to submit a postgraduate application
Shortlisted for interview
Accept your scholarship, place and enrol
Welcome to Warwick.
Good luck with your research!
How to Apply
Applicants must submit an EU Chancellor's Scholarship application form by the deadline, AND have applied for admission to the University for 2019/20 entry.
Within the scholarship application form, applicants will be required to answer the following questions:
- Please provide details of how you meet the descriptors "Person and Preparedness" This section has a maximum 1000 character limit.
- Please provide details of how you meet the descriptors "Project and Place" This section has a maximum 1000 character limit
We strongly advise that all applicants familiarise themselves with the PGR Ranking Criteria listed below, noting that it will be part of the assessment criteria used for allocating scholarships.
Results of the EU Chancellor's Scholarships (Warwick) competition will be communicated through email by mid-April 2019. Please do not contact the Doctoral Collegel before this date to enquire about results.