Skip to main content

Information for Prospective Students

Disclosing a Disability

It's important to disclose your disability at application, to ensure that any support needs or other necessary arrangements can be discussed and organised in advance. We strongly encourage applicants and students to be open about their disability related support requirements and work with us to ensure those can be met for the duration of their studies. The University of Warwick and Disability Services are committed to equal opportunities and an inclusive environment for all.


In order to put in place support, applicants need to provide suitable evidence that confirms the diagnosis of a disability. For Specific Learning Differences such as dyslexia this needs to be a post 16 diagnostic assessment or ADHD, a diagnostic report or medical letter. Medical conditions such as Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (ME), diabetes or Crohn's Disease a medical letter from a GP, specialist nurse or consultant is acceptable.

You can see more information about evidence for specific disabilities here.

JCQ Form 8's, Individual Learning Plans and Education, Health and Care Plans are not accepted forms of evidence

Disabled Students' Allowances

Student's with disabilities can apply for DSA after they receive an offer from the university. You can see more information about eligibility and how to apply on the website here and from Disability Services here.

You can check your eligibility for DSA on the Disabled Student Support Eligibility Checker here.

If you need Section 5 of your DSA application signed and stamped by a Disability Adviser, please email it to disability at warwick dot ac dot uk

Students through Clearing and Adjustment with DSA

If you've applied through clearing and have DSA already in place and need to change your suppliers, you need to contact your Needs Assessor as soon as possible.

You also need to contact your funding body to inform them of your change of institution. You can see how to do this for Student Finance England here and Student Funding Wales here.

Specific Accommodation Requirements

Students may require specific types of accommodation due to a disability, our service can help support students to access accommodation that meets their needs. This could include an ensuite room, close to central campus, in a quieter area or a small fridge to store medication.

In order to support students, they need to follow the Applicants with a Disability process so that we can help students to be placed in suitable halls of residence. Applicants need to provide evidence for the service to support them.

Visiting the University

The university holds open days throughout the year, that enable you to explore the campus, meet students and academic staff, find out more about degree courses, accommodation, finance, welfare and the application process. Prospective students, parents, teachers and advisers are all welcome.

Advance booking for University Open Days is advisable and can be done via the Open Days website, by telephone (024 76 523648) or by e-mail to

Disability Services can also arrange individual visits for students with disabilities who would like to visit the campus to view accessible accommodation, meet with a representative from their academic department and discuss support requirements. To arrange a visit, please contact us.


If asked for interview it is important to let your department know of your requirements in advance. This might involve providing sign language interpreters, or people to meet and escort you around campus if required.

Parents Contacting the University

Due to Data Protection Laws (GDPR) and University policy, staff are unable to discuss an applicant's or current student's personal information to a third party. This means that we are prohibited to discuss the details of support, including accommodation requests, DSA applications, academic progression and reasonable adjustments that have been agreed with parents, other family members, guardians or schools.

If you want to discuss in general the support that we can offer students, please contact us on the details below. You can see more information for parents and guardians on the Wellbeing Support Services page here.

How to Contact Disability Services

To submit an enquiry to Wellbeing Support Services, please do the following:

Go to and register for an IT account (limited access).
Then go to and submit your enquiry or call 024 761 50641 to discuss any questions about the support available at Warwick, completing a DSA application or accommodation requirements.