In order to be GDPR compliant Athena SWAN submissions must be sent to Advance HE with password protection via a secure file sharing tool. To make your submission, follow the steps set out below:
- Add a password to the submission document (there are step-by-step instructions on how to password protect a pdf here).
- Access Files.Warwick at https://files.warwick.ac.uk (there are step-by-step instructions on how to access your personal files space here).
- Upload the submission document to Files.Warwick (there are step-by-step instructions on how to upload a file here).
- Send the submission document to Advance HE by selecting to send to ‘Any email address’ and inputting email@example.com (there are step-by-step instructions on how to send a file here). You may also want to select to receive an email when the document has been downloaded, in order to have confirmation that your submission has been received.
- Send the password for the submission document to Advance HE in a separate message (preferably over the phone).
Do not send any Athena SWAN submissions via email - although this is advised in Advance HE's guidance, Warwick's Legal and Compliance Services team have specified that the above process must be used.