Age is one of the nine protected characteristics under the Equality Act 2010. The Act aims to protect people from direct and indirect discrimination, harassment, and victimisation on the basis of a person's age.
Warwick Age Profile
The majority of Warwick's staff are aged between 25 - 55
- 4.7% aged ≤25 (sector average 6%).
- 25.1% aged 26-35 (sector average 24.9%).
- 27% aged 36-45 (sector average 26.7%).
- 24.1% aged 46-55 (sector average 24.7%).
- 16.7% aged 56-65 (sector average 15.1%).
- 2.4% aged >65 (sector average 2.5%).
The statistics and infographic are from our Equality Monitoring Annual Report. If you'd like to know more about why we collect personal and protected characteristic information, have a look at the Equality Monitoring: Why Share Your Personal Information? webpage.
Sources of Information and Support
Find an overivew of support, initiatives, and guidance relating to age using the links below:
- Safe Overseas Travel Guidance for Staff with Protected Characteristics.
- Dignity at Warwick (bullying and harassment).
Photo by Andrea Piacquadio from Pexels. Colour filter added to original.