Marriage and Civil Partnership is one of the nine protected characteristics under the Equality Act 2010. The Act aims to protect people from direct and indirect discrimination, and victimisation on the basis of a person being married or in a civil partnership.
Sources of Information and Support
Find an overview of support, initiatives, and guidance in place relating to marriage and civil partnership using the links below:
- Marriage and civil partnership discrimination in law.
- ED&I Training and Learning.
- Protected Characteristic Factsheets - Marriage and Civil Partnership .
Photo by Olya Kobruseva from Pexels. Colour filter added to original.
- Safe Overseas Travel Guidance for Staff with Protected Characteristics.
- Dignity at Warwick (bullying and harassment).
Photo by Marcus Aurelius from Pexels. Colour filter added to original.