Marriage and Civil Partnership is one of the nine protected characteristics under the Equality Act 2010. The Act aims to protect people from direct and indirect discrimination, harassment, and victimisation on the basis of pregnancy and maternity.
Sources of Information and Support
Find an overview of support, initiatives, and guidance relating to pregnancy and maternity using the links below:
- Pregnancy and maternity discrimination in law.
- ED&I Training and Learning.
- Protected Characteristic Factsheets - Pregnancy and Maternity .
Photo by Iamngakan eka from Pexels. Colour filter added to original.
- Safe Overseas Travel Guidance for Staff with Protected Characteristics.
- Dignity at Warwick (bullying and harassment).
- Conference Support Awards (suspended for 2020/21).
Photo by Ketut Subiyanto from Pexels. Colour filter added to original.
- Working Parents Staff Network.
- Equality Impact Assessment.
- ED&I Network.
- Departmental EDI and Wellbeing Champions.
- ED&I Calendar.
- ED&I Newsletter.
Photo by CreateHERStock. Colour filter added to original.
- Human Resources:
- Adoption Leave - including policy, procedure, and leave plan.
- Maternity Leave - including policy, leave plan, checklists for employees and managers, Academic Returners Fellowship, and KIT form.
- Parental Leave - including policy, procedure, and forms.
- Paternity Leave - including policy and plan.
- Shared Parental Leave - including policy and declaration forms.
- Your Work/Life Balance and Family Friendly Benefits.
- Health, Safety, and Wellbeing Pregnancy and Maternity Guidance - including risk assessments and guidance for the individual and their supervisor(s) or line manager(s).
- Baby Changing Facilities on Campus .