Race is one of the nine protected characteristics under the Equality Act 2010. The Act aims to protect people from direct and indirect discrimination, harassment, and victimisation on the basis of race.
Warwick Ethnicity Profile
The statistics and infographic are from our Equality Monitoring Annual Report. If you'd like to know more about why we collect personal and protected characteristic information, have a look at the Equality Monitoring: Why Share Your Personal Information? webpage.
Sources of Information and Support
Find an overview of support, initiatives, and guidance relating to race and ethnicity using the links below:
- Race discrimination in law.
- Race and Ethnicity Training and Learning.
- Black History Month.
- Race Equality Taskforce.
- Protected Characteristic Factsheets - Race and Ethnicity .
- Race Strategy Statement.
- Black Lives Matter Joint Statement from Race Equality Taskforce and University Executive Board.
- Gender, Ethnicity, Disability Pay Gap Report.
Photo by CreateHERStock. Colour filter added to original.
- Safe Overseas Travel Guidance for Staff with Protected Characteristics.
- Dignity at Warwick (bullying and harassment).
Photo by Jopwell. Colour filter added to original.
- Data on ethnicity on the Office for National Statistics website.
- Race Equality Foundation.
- Runnymede Trust.
- ROTA (Race on the Agenda).
- CORE (Coalition of Race Equality Organisations).
- Gov.UK - Ethnicity Facts and Figures.
- Black Minds Matter.
- Nafsiyat - a pioneering charity offering intercultural therapy in over 20 languages to people from diverse cultural communities.
- BAATN - home of the largest community of Counsellors and Psychotherapists of Black, African, Asian, and Caribbean Heritage in the UK.