Sex is one of the nine protected characteristics under the Equality Act 2010. The Act aims to protect people from direct and indirect discrimination, harassment, and victimisation on the basis of sex.
Warwick Gender Profile
More than half of Warwick's staff are women (52.9% female; 47.1% male). Sector average is 54.6% women, 45.4% men.
The statistics and infographic are from our Equality Monitoring Annual Report. If you'd like to know more about why we collect personal and protected characteristic information, have a look at the Equality Monitoring: Why Share Your Personal Information? webpage.
Sources of Information and Support
Find an overview of support, initiatives, and guidance relating to sex and gender using the links below:
- Sex discrimination in law.
- Gender Training and Learning.
- Protected Characteristic Factsheets - Sex and Gender .
- Gender, Ethnicity, Disability Pay Gap Report.
- Athena Swan (gender equality Charter).
- Athena Swan SAT.
- Gender Task Force.
- Pregnancy and Maternity.
Photo by ThisIsEngineering from Pexels. Colour filter added to original.
- Safe Overseas Travel Guidance for Staff with Protected Characteristics.
- Dignity at Warwick (bullying and harassment).
Photo by Katie E from Pexels. Colour filter added to original.