Sexual orientation is one of the nine protected characteristics under the Equality Act 2010. The Act aims to protect people from direct and indirect discrimination, harassment, and victimisation on the basis of sexual orientation.
Warwick Sexual Orientation Profile
The statistics and infographic are from our Equality Monitoring Annual Report. If you'd like to know more about why we collect personal and protected characteristic information, have a look at the Equality Monitoring: Why Share Your Personal Information? webpage.
Sources of Information and Support
Find an overview of support, initiatives, and guidance relating to sexual orientation using the links below:
- Sexual orientation discrimination in law.
- Protected Characteristic Factsheets - Sexual Orientation .
- Rainbow Taskforce .
- Stonewall UK Workplace Equality Index SAT.
- LGBTQUA+ Terminology.
- LGBTQUA+ Strategy Statement.
- Marriage and Civil Partnership.
Photo by Zen Chung from Pexels. Colour filter added to original.
- HIV Guidelines .
- Safe Overseas Travel Guidance for Staff with Protected Characteristics.
- Dignity at Warwick (bullying and harassment).
- External Sources of Information and Support.
Photo by Asep Syaeful Bahri from Pexels. Colour filter added to original.
- LGBTQUA+ Networks.
- LGBTQUA+ Staff Network.
- LGBTQUA+ Inclusion - Getting Started.
- LGBTQUA+ Events Group.
- LGBTQUA+ Supporters Video.
- ED&I Training and Learning.
- Equality Impact Assessment.
- LGBTQUA+ History Month (February).
- LGBTQUA+ Initiatives.
- ED&I Network.
- Departmental EDI and Wellbeing Champions.
- ED&I Calendar.
- ED&I Newsletter.
Photo by Wallace Araujo from Pexels. Colour filter added to original.
- Data on sexual orientation on the Office for National Statistics website.
- HIV and AIDS Awareness Training - on completion please send your certificate to Claire Algar, ED&I Officer at c dot algar at warwick dot ac dot uk.
- Stonewall - Starting Out: The LGBT Careers Guide.
- Age UK - LGBT+ .
- Gov.UK - National LGBT Survey.