Gender reassignment is one of the nine protected characteristics under the Equality Act 2010. The Act aims to protect people from direct and indirect discrimination, harassment, and victimisation on the basis of gender reassignment.
If you'd like to know more about why we collect personal and protected characteristic information, have a look at the Equality Monitoring: Why Share Your Personal Information? webpage.
Sources of Information and Support
Find an overview of support, initiatives, and guidance relating to trans and gender reassignment using the links below:
- Trans and Gender Reassignment Policy .
- Safe Overseas Travel Guidance for Staff with Protected Characteristics.
- Dignity at Warwick (bullying and harassment).
- Trans Web Portal.
Photo by Centre for Ageing Better . Colour filter added to original.
- Office for National Statistics - Gender Identity.
- Advance HE - Trans Staff and Students in HE and Colleges: Improving Experiences .
- Gender Identity Research and Education Society (GIRES) - E-Learning Trans Gender Awareness.
- GIRES - Supporting BAME Trans People .
- All About Trans.
- The Gender Trust.
- Mermaids - Supporting Gender-Diverse and Trans Children.
- Gendered Intelligence.
- Stonewall Equality Guides.
- Trans Health Factsheets:
- Gov.UK - National LGBT Survey.
- Gender Construction Kit.