The University develops a range of Equality Objectives every four years, in line with the University strategy and our duties under the Equality Act 2010 and the Public Sector Equality Duty. The objectives are developed in consultation with the Warwick Community and progress reported to the Social Inclusion Committee, which is a joint committee of the Senate and Council.
Find information about the Equality Objectives using the links below (or scroll to see more detail):
If you have any comments or questions about the Equality Objectives and can't find what you need here, contact us and let us know.
Current SI/Equality Objectives
The Social Inclusion/Equality Objectives for 2020 - 2024 are predominantly focused on the implementation plan for the Social Inclusion Strategy.
The four themes of the Objectives are:
- Increase the diversity of staff and students to maximise creativity & innovation.
- Develop a culture that supports our staff and students to achieve their potential.
- Become an internationally recognised leader in education.
- Develop an inclusive environment on campus.
These new SI/Equality Objectives were approved at the Social Inclusion Committee meeting held on 29 April 2020. The University Executive Board on 4 May 2020, presented at Senate (May 2020), and received final approval by Council at their meeting held on 20 May 2020.
- Progress against the Equality Objectives 2016-20:
- Progress against the Equality Objectives 2011-2015: