The University develops a range of Equality Objectives every five years, in line with the University strategy and our duties under the Equality Act 2010 and the Public Sector Equality Duty. The Equality Objectives are developed in collaboration with our key stakeholders.
Find information about the Equality Objectives using the links below (or scroll to see more detail):
- Current Equality Objectives.
- Progress Reports - read about the progress we've made against our current Equality Objectives.
- Past Equality Objectives.
If you have any comments or questions about the Equality Objectives and can't find what you need here, contact us and let us know.
Equality Objectives for 2016-2020 were approved by the Senate and Council in July 2016.
The document sets out the University's objectives related to:
- Our Culture - A culture based on dignity, courtesy, and respect.
- Our Staff - An inspiring and enriching working experience for staff.
- Our Students - An inclusive, inspiring, and enriching educational experience for all students.
- Our Communities - Encouraging and supporting community cohesion.
Find reports of our progress against the 2016-20 Equality Objectives at the links below:
- Progress against the Equality Objectives 2016-2018 (August 2019) .
- Progress against the Equality Objectives 2016-2018 (September 2018) .
- Progress against the Equality Objectives 2016-2017 (October 2017) .