In order to be GDPR compliant Athena SWAN submissions must be sent to Advance HE with password protection via a secure file sharing tool.
To make your submission, follow the steps set out below:
- Add a password to the submission document (there are step-by-step instructions on how to password protect a pdf here).
- Access Files.Warwick (there are step-by-step instructions on how to access your personal files space here).
- Upload the submission document to Files.Warwick (there are step-by-step instructions on how to upload a file to Files.Warwick here).
- Send the submission document to Advance HE by selecting to send to ‘Any email address’ and inputting athenaswan at ecu dot ac dot uk (there are step-by-step instructions on how to send a file with Files.Warwick here). You may also want to select to receive an email when the document has been downloaded, in order to have confirmation that your submission has been received.
- Provide the password for the submission document to Advance HE in a separate communication (preferably over the phone).
Do not send any Athena SWAN submissions via email - although this is advised in Advance HE's guidance, Warwick's Legal and Compliance Services team have specified that the above process must be used.