Following the recent changes to Governance, the Disability Interest Group will reform as the Disability Taskforce reporting to the Social Inclusion Committee.
The Disability Taskforce is Chaired by Despina Weber and Kathryn Fisher, you can contact them on D dot Weber at warwick dot ac dot uk and K dot J dot Fisher at warwick dot ac dot uk.
Terms of Reference
The Disability Taskforce will champion disability, accessibility, and inclusion and raise awareness of related issues across the institution.
The Taskforces' Terms of Reference are:
- To advise and support the University with the development and implementation of strategic objectives relating to disability in accordance with the Equality Act 2010.
- To contribute towards embedding disability to the institutional agenda.
- To provide a platform for informed and considered discussions on disability issues.
- To report to and support the work of the Social Inclusion Committee and the Disability Standard Steering Group.
- To review, monitor, and report on good practice and, where appropriate, make recommendations for further actions.
- To work in line with the University’s equality objectives.
- To engage with staff and students on disability related matters.
- To align with the work of other Taskforces, with a view of intersectionality and with a holistic approach to disability.
The Disability Taskforce is Chaired by Despina Weber and Kathryn Fisher (Joint Head of Disability Services) . The membership is as follows:
- Sandra Beaufoy - ED&I Manager, Wellbeing Support Services.
- Jane Andrews - Senior Teaching Fellow, WMG/Disabled Staff Co-Chair.
- Claire Algar - ED&I Officer, Wellbeing Support Services
- Liz Gardner - Customer Services Manager, Library.
- Eleanor Hassall, Warwick Enable.
- Damien Homer - Widening Participation Faculty Co-ordinator, Faculty of Arts.
- Mike Joy - Professor, Computer Science.
- Barclay Lane - Disabled Staff Network Representative.
- Rebecca Limb - Associate Tutor, School of Law.
- Fiona Linton - Taught Programmes Manager, Maths.
- Anne Maynard - Administrative Assistant, School for Cross-Faculty Studies.
- Nathan Morris - Senior Assistant Registrar (Delivery Assurance), Education Directors Office.
- Isabelle Atkins - Disabled Students Officer, Warwick Students Union.
- Shirley Rigby - Principal Clinical Teaching Fellow, Warwick Medical School.
- Ian Scrase - Careers Project Officer, Student Opportunity.
- Ann Simper - Student Wellbeing and Progression Officer, Economics.
- Kim Waite - Volunteer Development Coordinator, Warwick Volunteers.
- Laura Waller - Disability Support Officer, Library.
- Rebekah Ward - Senior Undergraduate Administrator, Economics.
- Jenny Wheeler - Accessibility Officer, Estates/Disabled Staff Co-Chair.