This Taskforce is an advisory body which makes recommendations to the Social Inclusion Committee on LGBTUA+ (Lesbian, Gay, Bi, Trans, Undefined, Asexual, and other related identities) equality matters.
If you would like more information about the LGBTUA+ Taskforce and can't find what you need here, contact the Chairs on LGBTUA dot Taskforce at warwick dot ac dot uk or use this contact form to raise issues for discussion at Taskforce meetings.
Terms of Reference
- To advise the Social Inclusion Committee and make recommendations on steps and initiatives to be taken by the University on LGBTUA+ matters.
- To engage and consult a diverse range of people within the LGBTUA+ community and their supporters.
- To raise awareness for the issues faced by the LGBTUA+ community at Warwick.
- To advocate for the welfare of the LGBTUA+ community and their supporters within the University community.
- To represent the needs of the LGBTUA+ community at Warwick, and hold the University to account on relevant issues.
- To bring about positive change for the LGBTUA+ community and their supporters at the University.
- To seek sources of funding for LGTBUA+ welfare and campaigning efforts.
- To approach the above aims with a view to intersectionality.
- Warwick staff Chairs (one Academic and one Professional Services).
- Student Chair.
- Staff Grade 1a - 5 Representative.
- Staff CCSG Representative.
- Warwick Students' Union LGBTUA+ Officer.
- Warwick Students' Union Trans Officer.
- President of Warwick Pride.
- Representative from ED&I.
- Representative from Warwick LGBTUA+ Staff Network.
- Representative from Post Grad LGBTUA+ communities.
- Representative from Warwick Students' Union.
Any staff or student may put forward points of discussion for future Taskforce meetings. Agenda items for discussion and invitations to attend meetings will be granted by the Co-Chairs of the Taskforce.
Code of Conduct of Taskforce Meetings
Everybody attending and contributing to a Taskforce meeting will respect and behave as set out in the Dignity at Warwick Policy and conform to the University of Warwick Regulations (in particular Regulation 29); bullying, harassment, racism, sexism, ableism, homophobia, biphobia, acephobia, transphobia, Islamophobia, anti-Semitism, and similar forms of behaviour will not be tolerated.
In addition, all attendees must respect the confidentiality of others’ identities (sexual or romantic orientation, gender or trans identity), which includes not disclosing said identities to others without the individual's express permission. This includes ‘indirectly’ outing people through social networks via photos, statuses, etc.
You may also be interested in:
Charters - including Stonewall UK Workplace Equality Index (LGBTUA+ equality benchmarking exercise)
LGBTUA+ Initiatives - including Trans Web Portal, LGBTUA+ Supporters, LGBTUA+ Events Group, and pronoun badges
Training, Guidance, and Resources - including Trans Awareness Guide and Safe Overseas Travel Guide
Staff Networks - including LGBTUA+ Networks
Policies - including Trans and Gender Reassignment Policy