This Taskforce is an advisory body which makes recommendations to the Social Inclusion Committee on LGBTQUA+ equality matters (lesbian, gay, bi, trans, queer, undefined, asexual, and identities which are subject to similar forms of prejudice and discrimination).
If you would like more information about the Rainbow Taskforce and can't find what you need here, contact the Chairs on Rainbow dot Taskforce at warwick dot ac dot uk or use this contact form to raise issues for discussion at Taskforce meetings.
Terms of Reference
- To advise the Social Inclusion Committee and make recommendations on steps and initiatives to be taken by the University on LGBTQUA+ matters.
- To engage and consult a diverse range of people within the LGBTQUA+ community and their supporters.
- To raise awareness for the issues faced by the LGBTQUA+ community at Warwick.
- To advocate for the welfare of the LGBTQUA+ community and their supporters within the University community.
- To represent the needs of the LGBTQUA+ community at Warwick, and hold the University to account on relevant issues.
- To bring about positive change for the LGBTQUA+ community and their supporters at the University.
- To seek sources of funding for LGBTQUA+ welfare and campaigning efforts.
- To approach the above aims with a view to intersectionality.
- Warwick staff Chairs (one Academic and one Professional Services).
- Student Chair.
- Staff Grade 1a - 5 Representative.
- Staff CCSG Representative.
- Warwick Students' Union LGBTQUA+ Officer.
- Warwick Students' Union Trans Officer.
- President of Warwick Pride.
- Representative from ED&I.
- Representative from Warwick LGBTQUA+ Staff Network.
- Representative from Post Grad LGBTQUA+ communities.
- Representative from Warwick Students' Union.
Any staff or student may put forward points of discussion for future Taskforce meetings. Agenda items for discussion and invitations to attend meetings will be granted by the Co-Chairs of the Taskforce.
Code of Conduct of Taskforce Meetings
Everybody attending and contributing to a Taskforce meeting will respect and behave as set out in the Dignity at Warwick Policy and conform to the University of Warwick Regulations (in particular Regulation 29); bullying, harassment, racism, sexism, ableism, homophobia, biphobia, acephobia, transphobia, Islamophobia, anti-Semitism, and similar forms of behaviour will not be tolerated.
In addition, all attendees must respect the confidentiality of others’ identities (sexual or romantic orientation, gender or trans identity), which includes not disclosing said identities to others without the individual's express permission. This includes ‘indirectly’ outing people through social networks via photos, statuses, etc.
You may also be interested in:
Charters - including Stonewall UK Workplace Equality Index (LGBTQUA+ equality benchmarking exercise)
LGBTQUA+ Initiatives - including Trans Web Portal, LGBTQUA+ Supporters, LGBTQUA+ Events Group, and pronoun badges
Staff Networks - including LGBTQUA+ Networks
Policies - including Trans and Gender Reassignment Policy