In 2019, the University formed a Race Equality Taskforce (RET), which is chaired by Meleisa Ono-George and Anil Awesti.
The RET will consult and work with all business areas across the institution with the aim to address issues around racial inequality and will oversee the work of the Race Equality Charter Self-Assessment Team.
If you would like more information about the Race Equality Taskforce and can't find what you need here, contact the Chair on race dot equality at warwick dot ac dot uk.
Terms of Reference
- Developing a strategy for race equality.
- Reviewing information, research and data on race inequality and, where necessary, make recommendations for changing practices.
- Actively inform how the University engages key people/audiences on ‘race’, racism, and race equality through Influencing the adoption of best practice.
- Reporting regularly to the Social Inclusion Committee and other strategic University Committees.
Read the Race Equality Taskforce Terms of Reference in full.
The Race Equality Taskforce is Chaired by Meleisa Ono-George (Associate Professor/Director of Student Experience, Department of History) and Anil Awesti (Senior Teaching Fellow, Centre for Lifelong Learning). The membership is as follows:
- Warwick Students’ Union Ethnic Minorities Officer.
- Mark Hinton - Community Engagement Development Manager, Centre for Lifelong Learning.
- Virinder Kalra - Professor, Department of Sociology.
- Ros Roke - Director of Strategic Programme Delivery.
- Sharifah Sekalala - Assistant Professor, School of Law.
- Stephen Shapiro - Professor, English and Comparative Literary Studies.
- Mike Shipman - Pro-Vice-Chancellor (International), Executive Office (Social Inclusion Executive Sponsor for race).
- Kulbir Shergill - Director of Social Inclusion.
- Harminder Singh - Senior Teaching Fellow, Warwick Business School.
- Colin Sparrow - Professor, Warwick Mathematics Institute/Academic Director (Graduate Studies).
- Paul Warmington - Professor, Centre for Education Studies
- Michaela Hodges (Secretary) - Equality, Diversity & Inclusion Officer, Wellbeing Support Services.