In 2019, the University formed a Race Equality Taskforce (RET), which is chaired by Anil Awesti.
The RET will consult and work with all business areas across the institution with the aim to address issues around racial inequality and will oversee the work of the Race Equality Charter Self-Assessment Team.
If you would like more information about the Race Equality Taskforce and can't find what you need here, contact the Chair on race dot equality at warwick dot ac dot uk.
Terms of Reference
- Developing a strategy for race equality.
- Reviewing information, research and data on race inequality and, where necessary, make recommendations for changing practices.
- Actively inform how the University engages key people/audiences on ‘race’, racism, and race equality through Influencing the adoption of best practice.
- Reporting regularly to the Social Inclusion Committee and other strategic University Committees.
Read the Race Equality Taskforce Terms of Reference in full.
The Race Equality Taskforce is Chaired by Anil Awesti (Senior Teaching Fellow, Centre for Lifelong Learning). The membership is as follows:
- Dan Branch - Professor, Warwick Mathematics Institute/Academic Director (Graduate Studies).
- Doreen Foster - Director of Warwick Arts Centre.
- Mark Hinton - Community Engagement Development Manager, Centre for Lifelong Learning.
- Virinder Kalra - Professor, Department of Sociology.
- Sotaro Kita - Professor, Psychology.
- Magiesha Maheswaran and Fatima Soomro - Warwick Students’ Union Ethnic Minorities Officer.
- Ros Roke - Director of Strategic Programme Delivery.
- Sharifah Sekalala - Assistant Professor, School of Law.
- Stephen Shapiro - Professor, English and Comparative Literary Studies.
- Mike Shipman - Pro-Vice-Chancellor (International), Executive Office (Social Inclusion Executive Sponsor for race).
- Kulbir Shergill - Director of Social Inclusion.
- Harminder Singh - Senior Teaching Fellow, Warwick Business School.
- Michaela Hodges (Secretary) - Social Inclusion Associate, Wellbeing Support Services.