In 2019, the University formed a Race Equality Taskforce (RET), which is chaired by Dr Meleisa Ono-George.
The RET will consult and work with all business areas across the institution with the aim to address issues around racial inequality and will oversee the work of the Race Equality Charter Self-Assessment Team.
If you would like more information about the Race Equality Taskforce and can't find what you need here, contact the Chair on race dot equality at warwick dot ac dot uk.
Terms of Reference
- Developing a strategy for race equality.
- Reviewing information, research and data on race inequality and, where necessary, make recommendations for changing practices.
- Actively inform how the University engages key people/audiences on ‘race’, racism, and race equality through Influencing the adoption of best practice.
- Reporting regularly to the Social Inclusion Committee and other strategic University Committees.
Read the Race Equality Taskforce Terms of Reference in full.
The Race Equality Taskforce is Chaired by Meleisa Ono-George (Associate Professor/Director of Student Experience, Department of History). The membership is as follows:
- Anil Awesti - Senior Teaching Fellow, Centre for Lifelong Learning.
- Taj Ali - Warwick Students’ Union Ethnic Minorities Officer.
- Chloe Batten - Warwick Students’ Union Education Officer.
- Mark Hinton - Community Engagement Development Manager, Centre for Lifelong Learning.
- Virinder Kalra - Professor, Department of Sociology.
- Ros Roke - Director of Strategic Programme Delivery, Registrar's Business Group.
- Sharifah Sekalala - Assistant Professor, School of Law.
- Mike Shipman - Pro-Vice-Chancellor (International), Executive Office (Social Inclusion Executive Sponsor for race).
- Kulbir Shergill - Director of Social Inclusion, Strategy Group.
- Harminder Singh - Senior Teaching Fellow, Warwick Business School.
- Colin Sparrow - Professor/Academic Director (Graduate Studies), Warwick Mathematics Institute
- Pam Thomas - Pro-Vice-Chancellor (Research), Executive Office (Social Inclusion Executive Sponsor for race).
- Paul Warmington - Professor, Centre for Education Studies
- Michaela Hodges (Secretary) - Equality, Diversity & Inclusion Coordinator, Wellbeing Support Services.