A range of video resources are available below to support colleagues at Warwick in understanding and engaging with key issues of ED&I. You may wish to begin by viewing a short video on what Diversity means to some colleagues at Warwick.
On this page you will find videos relating to:
- Workplace Wellbeing.
- Menopause Lived Experience.
- Mental Health.
- Non-Binary Lived Experience.
- Sexual Orientation and Gender.
- Race and Ethnicity.
There are also a range of video resources relating to challenging behaviour and personal development more on the Organisational Development Video-Based Learning Resources webpage.
If you'd like to learn more about ED&I and can't find what you need here, contact us and let us know.
- Showcasing Diversity at Warwick.
- There's More to Me.
- There's More to Me 2.
- Diversity Challenge: Introduction to Diversity.
- Working with the Equality Act. You can learn more about this topic on the Working Effectively with the Equality Act Module.
- Introduction to EIA's.
- Bullying and Harassment - Creating an Environment Based on RESPECT.
- Bullying and Harassment - Effective Intervention.
- Inappropriate Behaviour.
- How Do we Create an Inclusive Environment?
- Inclusive Language and Communication.
- The Impact of Micro-bBhaviours in the Workplace.
- Dealing with Sensitive Issues in the Workplace: An Overview.
- Sensitive issues: Alcohol and Body Odour.
- Developing Emotional Intelligence. You can learn more about this topic on the Emotional Intelligence Moodle.
- Assertiveness: Assert Yourself. You can learn more about this topic on the Assertiveness Skills Moodle.
- Handling Difficult Conversations.
- Tackling Problem Behaviour.
- Facing Anger and Emotion in the Workplace.
- Avoiding Workplace Conflict. You can learn more about this topic on the Avoiding Workplace Conflict Module.
Watch videos showcasing lived experiences of menopause:
- How did you own menopause journey begin?
- How has the menopause affected your personal life?
- How has the menopause affected you at work?
- What has helped you deal with the symptoms of the menopause?
- What advice would you give to someone who is embarking on their menopause journey?
- What can employers do to support staff who are going through the menopause?
- Mental Health in the Workplace: Doing the Right Thing.
- Mental Health in the Workplace: Managing the Stress.
- Mental Health in the Workplace: Stress Less. You can learn more about this topic on the Mental Health: Stress Less Module.
Due to licensing restrictions the following resources are only available to staff and students at Warwick (you will need to be logged in to view these pages):
- Mental Health Awareness.
- Having Sensitive Conversations with Colleagues.
- Making Workplace Adjustments for Colleagues with Mental Health Conditions.
Watch videos showcasing lived experiences from non-binary people:
- Can you explain what it means to be non-binary?.
- Was there any defining moment in your early life when you realised you were 'different'?
- How did being non-binary affect you growing up?
- When did you first meet another non-binary person?
- What were the reactions of your friends, family, or employer when you told them you are non-binary?
- What do you think are some common misconceptions around non-binary people?
- What kind of discrimination, harassment, or other negative behaviours can non-binary people face?
- Have you personally had any negative experiences?
- Understanding Disability Etiquette.
- Disabled Adventures in Customer Services.
- Disabled Adventures in Work Recruitment.
- Introduction to Disability Confidence.
- Creating an Inclusive Working Environment: Sexual Orientation.
- LGBTQUA+ Supporters - hear from LGBTQUA+ staff and Supporters about why they signed up to the scheme.
- The Equality Act: Sexual Orientation.
- Sexual Orientation: The Law.
- Sexual Orientation: Types of Discrimination.
- Being Transgender.
- Trans Awareness.
- The Trans-Friendly Workplace.
- Gender Matters.
- Understanding Gender Bias.
- Trans Etiquette and Language.
You can learn more about this topic on the Sexual Orientation Module.
- Cultural Awareness.
- Is Race Still an Issue?
- Race Discrimination: Saying the Right Thing.
- Experiences of Racism and Racial Stereotypes.
- Tackling Racial Bias.
Promoting gender balance and inclusion in research, innovation and training.
- Holiday Play Scheme.
- Conference Care Fund.
- Warwick and Good Practices.
- Academic Returners Fellowship.
- Summer School: How to Be a Peer Reviewer.