Read the latest updates from ED&I using the links below (or scroll to see more detail):
- Joint letter to the Prime Minister and the Minister for Women and Equalities on trans rights (7 July 2020).
- Black Lives Matter Joint Statement from Race Equality Taskforce and University Executive Board (June 2020).
- Stonewall UK Workplace Equality Index 2020 (January 2020).
- New Athena SWAN Renewal Process Announcement (December 2019).
- Silver Athena SWAN awards for WMS and Engineering (October 2019).
- Law and IER Athena SWAN Announcement (June 2019).
- Looking ahead to Gender Pay Gap Report (March 2019).
- Older Updates.
Joint letter to the Prime Minister and the Minister for Women and Equalities on trans rights
7 July 2020
The University of Warwick LGBTUA+ Taskforce and Warwick Students' Union sent a joint letter to the Prime Minister and the Minister for Women and Equalities in response to concerns that the government may be slowing (or reversing) progress on trans rights in the UK.
Black Lives Matter Joint Statement from Race Equality Taskforce and University Executive Board
Like many others around the world, we are shocked and distressed at the events that have unfolded in the United States. We absolutely condemn anti-Black racism and fully support the Black Lives Matter movement, as well as all our students and staff standing in solidarity.
Stonewall UK Workplace Equality Index 2020
Warwick is a Stonewall Diversity Champion and has submitted to the UK Workplace Equality Index for a number of years. Over the last three years Warwick has risen 220 places demonstrating our commitment to the LGBTUA+ community and that we are an inclusive place to work, study and visit.
We are now ranked 123 out of 500 (our rank last year was 162 out of 445).
Read more on the Stonewall UK Workplace Equality Index 2020.
New Athena SWAN Renewal Process Announcement
Advance HE have introduced a new process for renewing an Athena SWAN award. Award holders are able to reapply using a streamlined process which focuses on progress made against their initial action plans and their future priorities.
Read more on the New Athena SWAN Renewal Process Announcement.
Silver Athena SWAN awards for WMS and Engineering
Warwick Medical School and the School of Engineering have achieved Athena SWAN Silver awards (progressing from a Bronze to a Silver award), marking their commitment to ensuring inclusivity, diversity, and equality of opportunity for all.
Read more on the WMS and Engineering Athena SWAN announcement.
Law and IER Athena SWAN Announcement
Law and Institute for Employment Research have been successful in achieving a Bronze Athena SWAN award in the November 2018 submission round. This is further excellent progress for our Faculty of Social Sciences.
Read more on the Law and IER Athena SWAN announcement.
Looking ahead to Gender Pay Gap Report
An update from Provost, Chris Ennew, on work taking place at Warwick to address the gender pay gap, and find out how you can get involved.
Read more on Looking ahead to Gender Pay Gap Report.
Read some older updates from ED&I using the links below:
- Athena SWAN Silver Charter award to 2022 (November 2018).
- Stonewall's Ally of the Year for the West Midlands 2018 (May 2018).
- Comment on Stonewall's 'LGBT in Britain - University Report' (August 2018).
- ED&I Engineering and Physical Sciences funding announced (August 2018).
- Announcement on REC Status (November 2017).
- Statement from the Race Charter Mark Committee following the results of the EU Referendum (March 2017).