UK Disability History Month 2020 - Access
UK Disability History Month 2020 is happening from Wednesday 18th November until Friday 18th December 2020. This year the theme is Access: How far have we come? How far have we to go?
UK Disability History Month 2020 poster description. A yellow poster with greyscale images of wheelchairs through the ages using a zebra crossing with tactile paving and an audible crossing control, led by a lady walking with a white cane. The text reads “UKDHM2020 Access: How far have we come? How far have we to go?” Both questions are in speech bubbles from the people on the crossing. Graffiti on the road reads “I.T. for all”.
The poster continues, “UK Disability History Month 2020 18th November (with an online launch) to 18th December”. “We are developing and sharing a wide range of resources to:
- Understand the importance of the struggles of Disabled People for Access;
- Understand the Human Rights Principle of Access for Disabled People;
- Apply Universal Design to environmental, communication, educational, occupational, organisational issues to minimise barriers to Disabled People and maximise our participation.
Find out how to get involved at www.ukdhm.org”
Over the course of Disability History Month, we will be celebrating how far we have come at Warwick and sharing what we are busy working on to continue to develop an inclusive environment at the University:
- Disability, Accessibility and Inclusive Environment definitions.
- How far have we come?.
- How far have we to go?.
Other resources to look at during UK Disability History Month:
- UK Disability History Month.
- UK Disability History Month 2020 Resources.
- Insite News - Let's talk about Disability History
- University of Warwick Disability Strategy Statement.
- Equality, Diversity and Inclusion at Warwick - Disability.
- Disabled Staff - Find Support.
- Disabled Students - Find Support.
- The Sunflower Lanyard - Hidden Disability scheme at Warwick.
- Disability training on offer at the University including Guidance Documents we produced, Disability Awareness in-person and online Training, and Disability and Mental Health videos.
- University of Warwick Library Reading List on Disability History.
- Modern Record Centre Exhibition on Disability and Work using material from the University of Warwick collections.
- Creating webpages? Use this helpful accessible web pages checklist from IT Services.
- Business Disability Forum Member Resources - the toolkits, factsheets, case studies, videos, and webinars on this website will help you to understand more about how to deliver disability-smart business.
- Business Disability Forum People Manager Toolkit - available FREE to the University until the end of January 2021.
- The Access Association.
Twitter feed for UK Disability Month for the latest updates from @UKDHM. Please note the University of Warwick does not own, monitor, or control this feed.