How do I know when my delivery is ready to collect?
When we receive your items, assuming the addressing is correct, we process them and send you a notification email telling you we have an item for collection from the Student Post Room. Please collect the item as soon as you can, as our space is limited. There are links in our email to a map of the Student Post Room and the Campus Shuttlebus timetable.
After 3 days, we send you a reminder email. After another 4 days, if you still haven’t collected the item, we send you a final reminder email. Do not ignore this message, as we reserve the right to return your item to the sender via the delivering courier if you don’t collect it after two working days. During busy periods (Christmas, starts of terms, Black Friday, etc.) we may shorten these periods.
There may be circumstances where you are unable to collect an item (e.g. illness). If this is the case, consider nominating someone else to collect the item on your behalf. There are instructions in our notification emails telling you how to arrange this. You could also write to us asking us at [email]firstname.lastname@example.org[email] to retain the item, but we will only consider this under exceptional circumstances.
Some points to remember:
- If you don't bring ID, we won't be able to give you the parcel for security reasons.
- If you don't have an email from us, please don’t come to collect, even if you have word from the sender/courier that it is here - we won't be able to help in person. If you have questions, see our questions page.
Where do I collect my parcel?
Once you have your email, please come to the Student Postroom on Westwood Campus to collect it. When you get to the building, the entrance is through this white tunnel.
If Westwood Campus is a long walk for you, the free campus Shuttlebus is an option - it stops right outside our front door.
When is the Student Postroom open?
Normal opening hours:
Mon - Fri: 10:30am - 6pm
Sat: 10am - 3pm
Vacation opening hours:
Mon - Fri: 10am - 4pm
Sat: 10am - 3pm
Can Someone Else Collect my Item(s)?
Yes, but only one item. Ensure you follow the 3-part process below, please:
- Reply to our notification email using this sentence: ‘I authorise (full name, not just a given name), (their ID number) to collect this item on my behalf. My ID number is (your ID number).’
- CC the nominated person in the message (Add them in the CC field in the address bar).
- The nominated person should advise the counter staff they are collecting for someone else.
You cannot collect items for more than one person.
During busy periods we reserve the right to withdraw authorised collections. This is fair on people who have made the trip to the Student Post Room. We won't accept authorised collections after 4pm Monday to Friday (3pm during vacations), or after 2pm on Saturday.