Prices by vehicle for self-drive hire
Please note, these prices are now out of date, we are awaiting updated rate sheets from our suppliers - As an estimate, please add £10/day.
|Vehicle Type||Example||Daily Rate||Weekend Rate||Weekly Rate||Minimum Charge|
|Car Derived Van||Peugeot Bipper/VW Caddy/Peugeot Partner Van||£ 15.00||£ 27.00||£ 95.00||£ 7.50|
|Small Panel Van||(SWB Ford Transit/VW Transporter||£ 20.00||£ 36.00||£ 125.00||£ 10.00|
|Large Panel Van (LWB)||Peugeot Boxer/Ford Transit||£ 30.00||£ 54.00||£ 190.00||£ 15.00|
|Minibus (17 seats)||Peugeot Boxer/Ford Transit||£ 55.00||£ 100.00||£ 240.00||£ 27.50|
|Tipper Van||Peugeot Boxer/Ford Transit||£ 30.00||£ 54.00||£ 180.00||£ 15.00|
|Luton Box||Van Ford Transit/Mercedes Sprinter||£ 40.00||£ 72.00||£ 230.00||£ 20.00|
|Luton Box Van with Tail lift||Ford Transit/Mercedes Sprinter||£ 45.00||£ 81.00||£ 250.00||£ 22.50|
|People Carrier||Ford Transit/Mercedes Sprinter||£ 54.00||£ 108.00||£ 378.00||£ 54.50|
Cost calculator for jobs with one driver provided
You can use our calculator to work out how much a job with a driver will cost you. We charge for each vehicle type at an hourly rate based on the prices above.
Normal hours for our drivers are 8am to 4:15pm Monday to Thursday, or 8am to 3:15pm on Fridays. Anything else is charged at the overtime rate.
Rates for driver time and fuel
|Fuel cost per mile:||£ 0.35|
|Driver's time (normal hours) per hour:||£ 10.50|
|Driver's time (overtime) per hour:||£ 15.75|
Terms and conditions
- These rates apply to University vehicles and those hired from Northgate. Vehicles from Midhire may be more, especially over the weekend.
- All Rates are for Self Drive Hire only and include VAT.
- Minimum Charge applies for bookings of 4 hours or less. If we have to hire in from outside, then the minimum charge will be a day.
- Vehicle Hire includes comprehensive insurance cover and breakdown cover.
- Vehicles are supplied with a full tank of fuel and must be returned with a full tank of fuel.
- Vehicles not returned with a full tank of fuel will be recharged at the local pump price (Tesco), plus a £5 administration charge.
- Drivers are responsible for any fines or penalty notices incurred during the hire of any vehicle.
- Drivers/Clubs/Societies/Departments are responsible for any damage or defects incurred to the vehicle during the period of hire.
- Drivers must complete a Vehicle Checklist when collecting the vehicle and report any faults, damage or defects when returning the vehicle.
- Vehicles must be returned in a clean and tidy condition internally, and a reasonably clean condition externally.
- Vehicles not returned in a clean and tidy condition will be recharged the cost of cleaning the vehicle, plus a £10 administration charge.
- Drivers must present their driving licence before being allowed to drive a University vehicle.
- Vehicles should only be used for University business.