Welcome from University Finance Office Senior Management Team
It is our pleasure to welcome you to Warwick's Graduate Finance Apprenticeship Programme which has been approved by the ICAEW and will enable you to train and qualify as a Chartered Accountant. This programme is specifically aimed at Warwick Graduates who have a keen interest in pursuing a career in Finance within the Higher Education Sector.
During your three year training contract you will have the opportunity to work with a range of qualified accountants who collectively support the Finance function at the University. Your work experience will also include a secondment in your training contract to Grant Thornton, a top-ten accountancy firm, where you will have the opportunity to work as part of a corporate audit team.
As a world-leading university, Warwick has a highly diverse portfolio of activities which supports the academic, research and commercial interests of the University. The statutory accounts for the University for the year ended 31 July 2018 can be found here
The principal aims of the University Finance Function are to:-
- Support business planning and innovation in order to maximise the financial resources available to the University and create the long-term sustainable financial platform required for future growth
- Ensure that the University maintains its reputation for financial integrity and reliability
Our specialist staff work seamlessly across teams to manage and oversee the University's finances providing the following professional services:-
- Financial accounting and reporting
- Budgeting, management accounting and management information
- Purchasing and supplier management
- Treasury management
- Research finance
- Corporate finance
- Tax planning and compliance
- Contracts support
- Maintaining financial systems, regulations and procedures
- Insurance services
- Financial training, support and guidance
In delivering these services we embrace the University's core values being at the heart of the University Community. We possess entrepreneurial flair and ambition and drive, with the aim of providing a service which exceeds expectations. We provide excellence and efficiency in everything we do.
In order to achieve this we only recruit, and develop, the most talented enterprising and intellectually curious people who strive to deliver the highest possible quality and maintain ethical standards in order to inspire confidence in our services.