Strategic Risk Advisory Board (Disestablished)
At its meeting on 6 February 2023, the University Executive Board approved the disestablishment of SRAB with immediate effect.
Terms of Reference
|Director of Innovation (Chair)||David Plumb|
|Secretary to Council||Dr Chris Twine|
|The Vice-Provosts and Chairs of the Boards of the Faculties:|
Science, Engineering and Medicine
|Professor Rachel Moseley
Professor Lorenzo Frigerio
Professor Nick Vaughan-Williams
|The Deputy Finance Director||Philippa Glover
|Head of Risk and Resilience||Chris Griffin|
|The Director of Regional and National Policy||Samuel Roseveare|
|The Chief Information and Transformation Officer||Raja-Saleem Javaid|
|Director of Estates||James Breckon|
|Director of Human Resources||Geraldine Mills|
|Director of Legal & Compliance Services||Rachel Gower|
|The Director of Health & Safety||John Phillips|
|The Director of Environmental Sustainability||Parvez Islam|
|The Director of International Strategy & Relations||Sally Smith|
|The Director of Marketing and Student Recruitment||Emma Mundy|
|The Head of Compliance & Assurance||Kirsty Jenkins/Catherine McStay|
|The Risk & Resilience Manager||Kimberly Jebson-Hambly|
|The Risk & Resilience Manager||Lauren McCleary|
Head of Internal Audit
Director Regional Strategy and Partnerships
Director of Social Inclusion
Terms of Reference
- Using management information, to identify, monitor and escalate to the University Executive Board any changes to the risk profiles on the Strategic Risk Register.
- To work with key functional areas to forward-look to identify and support the management of emerging areas of risk from across the University and beyond (external horizon scanning) which may require escalation to UEB and inclusion on the Strategic Risk Register.
- To act as the single point for risk escalation to the Strategic Risk Register (using the ‘Risk On a Page – Escalation’ proforma), receiving regular updates from other key Committees and Groups such as Business Continuity and Recovery Programme etc.
- To monitor KPIs related to the Strategic Risk Register.
- To have oversight of major academic department risks and to provide a report to Academic Resourcing Committee to inform its annual planning cycle.
- To develop a University Risk Assurance Framework that identifies and maps the mains sources of assurance and supports the University’s corporate governance reporting.
- To provide advice and support, where appropriate, for development of non-Health and Safety risk assessments, monitoring and escalation.
The Strategic Risk Advisory Board (SRAB) reports to the University Executive Board and the Audit and Risk Committee.
Secretary: Kimberly Jebson-Hambly, Risk and Resilience Manager
Dates of meetings of the Strategic Risk Advisory Board can be found within the University Committee Timetable.