The Human Resources Department will develop organisation-wide policies and procedures to protect the wellbeing of employees, assist line managers in supporting individuals, and liaise as appropriate with Occupational Health and other medical professionals, with the object of helping employees to maintain good psychological health.
The HR team are responsible for:
- Giving guidance and support to managers and employees on the Wellbeing Policy
- Monitoring levels of stress and sickness related absence
- Providing mechanisms for feedback from managers and employees regarding wellbeing issues
- Providing support to managers and employees shown to be experiencing the harmful effects of occupational stress through appropriate support mechanisms
- Evaluating and monitoring the effectiveness of the Wellbeing Policy on a regular basis
- Raising awareness of managers and employees about wellbeing and how to achieve it
- Encouraging a climate where managers and employees can be open about problems related to excessive pressure
- Providing support for managers regarding the need to adjust workloads and review role requirements where necessary to recover wellbeing
- Liaising with Occupational Health and other medical professionals as appropriate with the objective of helping employees to maintain good psychological and physical health
- Providing appropriate training for managers and employees
Please speak to your Link HR Adviser if you require support in any of these areas.