Strategic change team roles and responsibilities
The Deputy CITO/Director of Strategic Change
- Overall accountability for the entirety of the change pipeline and the successful delivery of the projects, small change, service improvement, and continuous improvement activity within the portfolio.
- Initial qualification and scoping of activities, including working with the University Executive to prioritise change initiatives, through delivery, and ensuring a successful transition into business as usual.
- The role represents the change portfolio at senior governance bodies, including UEB Operations, FGPC, Audit & Risk, and other committees as required.
The Director of Strategic Change Planning
- Managing the change pipeline understanding the university’s strategic priorities and translating them into plans
- Translating problems, risks, and opportunities into change activities.
- The team documents change requests and objectively presents them to governance groups for decision-making on which activities to pursue and when.
- Managing change activities during their ‘discovery phase’ (through options consideration, recommendation and up to an approved business case).
The Head of PMO & Strategic Planning
- Implementing a benefits management approach across the SC portfolio
- Managing and developing the internal team processes relating to budget management, project reporting and resource management
- Managing and developing the PMO team to provide project support that directly and positively impacts on projects delivery
- Developing an SC People Strategy to drive staff retention and performance delivery
The Director of Strategic Change Delivery
- Managing the Portfolio of projects
- Ensuring that objectives and outcomes are delivered and the benefits profiles are realised.
- Project delivery from business case approval and includes large programmes and service and continuous improvement initiatives.
The Senior Enterprise Architect
- Overall accountability for the architectural strategy, digital strategy, roadmap and common data architecture & governance.
- Manages the architectural review processes and governance processes.
- Reviews the cross-institutional request funnel for IT solutions to assess their architectural and strategic fit.
- Manages a team of architects and their work supporting a variety of projects and initiatives.
The Portfolio Management Office (PMO)
- Implementing and managing the Project Framework for all SC Projects.
- The resource is allocated across projects and initiatives to provide administrative, financial and benefits realisation support to our projects.
The Business Analysis Team
- Working with stakeholders throughout the project lifecycle to shape scope and project outputs to ensure the project will meet its strategic and tactical objectives.
- Pre-project, liaise with project requestors to complete an initial assessment to inform decisions around prioritisation and next steps.
- In projects, analyse the current state of people/process/technologies; capture requirements; propose options and draft business cases based on the desired target state, costs, and benefits; manage requirements throughout project delivery.
The Project Management Team
- Managing transformational and major strategic change projects in the University.
- Provide coaching and mentoring for existing and new project managers with the University.
The Business Change Team
- Supporting the University Community to deliver strategic change by focusing on embedding effective change management practice for impacted individuals
- Offering a separate responsive service improvement function.
Enterprise Architecture Team
- Supporting the design and implementation of technology solutions across the institution.
- Reviewing proposed solution designs and supporting colleagues developing solution proposals.