Unavailable print and photocopying: 17 & 20 July 2019
On Saturday 20 July MOST printing will be offline whilst we carry out upgrade work, including:
- Printing, copying, scanning to email or H: drive on SafeCom enabled Kyocera and HP Multifunction Devices in all staff and student areas
- Printing on any "N" number print queues or "xx-copier-x" print queues
- Access to the printing.warwick.ac.uk webpage
- The Mobile Print and Air Print services
- The Library Visitor Photocopying Service
- Printer Credits can be purchased but won't appear or be usable until printing is back online
The ITS-provided CUPS printing service is not affected and you can continue to use it
Only users of legacy print queues named _SAFECOM are affected by the change on Monday 17 of July. On this date, _SAFECOM queues will be removed because they are no longer supported. Any customers still using this queue should migrate. If you need advice or support please contact the firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: On Wednesday 4 September the legacy student pull-print servers will be retired. More information nearer the time.
The Remote Desktop Service (aka RDS), which is used for remote access to SITS, SAP and FSGAdmin, is being replaced with a functionally similar but more modern and secure service.
University House Data Shutdown: 9 - 10 December 2019
To ensure the University is meeting statutory legal requirements, the Estates Team must carry out electrical testing on the University House Data Centre and communications equipment rooms, this year. The mains power must be switched off in these areas while the testing is done.
This work will take place from Monday 9 to Tuesday 10 December 2019. Key services may be unavailable or operate with reduced functionality during this time. IT Services is working on the detail of what services will be affected and for precisely how long.
For more information, or questions you may have, please visit the project web page.
Staff, students and applicants will have limited access to records and tools during maintenance work. Find out what’s affected.