Unavailable print and photocopying: 17 & 20 July 2019
On Saturday 20 July MOST printing will be offline whilst we carry out upgrade work, including:
- Printing, copying, scanning to email or H: drive on SafeCom enabled Kyocera and HP Multifunction Devices in all staff and student areas
- Printing on any "N" number print queues or "xx-copier-x" print queues
- Access to the printing.warwick.ac.uk webpage
- The Mobile Print and Air Print services
- The Library Visitor Photocopying Service
- Printer Credits can be purchased but won't appear or be usable until printing is back online
The ITS-provided CUPS printing service is not affected and you can continue to use it
Only users of legacy print queues named _SAFECOM are affected by the change on Wednesday 17 July. On this date, _SAFECOM queues will be removed because they are no longer supported. Any customers still using this queue should migrate. If you need advice or support please contact the firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: On Wednesday 4 September the legacy student pull-print servers will be retired. More information nearer the time.
Unavailable print and photocopying on 15 December 2018
Print and photocopy facilities provided by IT Services will be unavailable on 15 December 2018 from 7am while we carry out a major server upgrade. We hope to complete the work before 4pm but may continue until then.
All staff and student pull and push printing will be unavailable, including:
- printing via the Linux Managed Desktop
- Mobile Print
- Mail2Me (scan to email)
- Copy (including Library Visitor Cards)
- the printing.warwick.ac.uk web page
- SafeCom Save-O-Meter
- AutoStore (scan to folder)
Printer credit processing will also be offline.
Note that the ITS-provided CUPS are not affected by the planned work and will remain available for the duration of this change.
Issue 14 of our IT at Warwick eZine is out now, covering Software, HearNow, ITS Guides and more.
We can now confirm details of several major services that won't be affected by the Argent Court data centre power-down on 13 and 14 December.