- Collaboration is difficult in tiered lecture theatres and/or with large classes, and they are not usually equipped for students to work together sharing and developing ideas.
- We want to give all students a chance to work together to develop and share ideas.
- Enable team work by turning any surface into a whiteboard, and then recording and sharing student work.
Magic Whiteboard paper is a simple way of creating shared surfaces for team work. Put it onto tables, or walls (it sticks to them without damaging). Alternatively, use cheap whiteboards (£4 each from Wilko). Get students to photograph and share their work (onto a Moodle Forum, a Teams space, or some other platform). Or use Solstice wireless projection to display student work on the main screen.
- First of all you need to think about the space you will be teaching in - how can you organise teams of students? where will they put their whiteboard paper? how will they record/share their work?
- Set up Moodle, Teams or another platform so that the students can save their work for later if needed. Make sure the students know how to do this.
- Provide paper, pens and whiteboard rubbers.
- If using Solstice:
- Most of our IT Services managed teaching rooms have the Solstice system installed. You should be able to switch the rooms projector to show it using a button on the lectern control panel.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to get the app installed and connect your tablet.
- Choose screen sharing to share your whole screen, or send a video or image file. You can control what gets displayed on the screen. Up to four devices may be connected at a time (or 2 if they are Apple devices).