This guidance is for content owners in Echo360. If you have scheduled lecture capture or are the registered course leader and have lecture captures scheduled for you, the Echo360 system will register you as the owner of this content.
If you are unsure if you are the owner or if you wish to make changes to content you are not the owner of please contact your departmental Academic Technology team or the central team at for further guidance - Moodle@warwick.ac.uk
To make a capture unavailable to students you must first access the captures for the course via the Lecture Capture Block on the courses Moodle page.
From here you will see a list of captures that are currently available to students. These are marked with a green icon (1). To make this content unavailable click the corresponding green icon and then click "make unavailable" (2).
The green icon for this recording will then update to grey, indicating the capture is not available to students.
To make the recording available again follow the same steps however clicking the grey icon followed by "make available".
Note that directly under the setting to change the availability for a capture there is an "Availability Settings" option. Selecting this will open a pane allowing you to set a date for a capture to become available or unavailable.
Checking the "On a specific date" option will bring up a text field to enter a date in the format YYYY-MM-DD. Clicking within this text field will also open a calendar allowing you to select a date.
Once you are finished click the "update" button to save your changes.
Permanently Deleting Captures
In the case that you wish to completely remove content from Echo360 you will need to send a request to the Academic Technology team.
Initially you can follow the previous steps to make the content unavailable while your request is being processed.
Due to the irreversible nature of deletion a request for deletion will require the consent of both the content owner and the head of department responsible for delivery of the course. Additionally any persons presenting in the material may need to be consulted.
Before requesting a deletion you need to consider if permanent removal of this content has the potential to negatively impact another member of the university? Examples of individuals who may be impacted are:
- Members of staff responsible for delivery of material
- Students required to resit or requesting reasonable adjustment
Please send requests for capture deletion to email@example.com
- Introduction to managing course participants
- Make your course visible to students
- Check participants
- Enrolment methods and managing access permissions
- Enrol participants using Warwick auto-enrolment
- Enable Warwick Guest Access
- Manually enrol participants onto a Moodle space
- Roles and their functions in Moodle
- Switch to another role
- Create groups
- Create groupings
- Using group mode with activities
- Enable activity completion
- Mark activity completion manually
- Track activity completion
- Course completion
- Course participation
- Introduction to structuring your course
- Choose or change the format of your course
- Add a course header
- Add a course description
- Add a block
- Move or delete a block
- Manage sections within a Moodle space
- Add, move, delete or hide a section
- Restrict access to sections and activities
- Using tags in Moodle
- Introduction to assessment and feedback
- Grant extensions for assessments in Moodle
- Create a custom certificate
- Create and manage badges
- Create an assignment
- Create an assignment for group submission
- Create a fail / pass scale
- Create and grade a submission using a rubric
- Use a marking workflow for assignments
- Blind marking
- Allocate markers to specific submissions
- Provide grades and feedback for individual assignments
- Set up Turnitin within an assignment
- Check the status of submissions
- Hide or show grades and feedback
- Introduction to eStream
- Access your eStream content
- Uploading videos to eStream
- Edit videos in eStream
- Edit video thumbnail
- Uploading a closed captions (subtitles) file to eStream
- Add eStream videos to Mahara
- Sharing eStream videos to Moodle
- Sharing an eStream video with a link
- eStream mobile app
- Setup a video assignment in Moodle