Permission to edit Echo360 automated transcripts can be given to colleagues or students who are supporting the checking and editing of transcripts for accuracy.
Here you will find guidance on:
- Giving colleagues permission to edit transcripts
- Allowing your students to edit transcripts
- Accessing transcript editor
- Transcript versions
If you have a colleague who will assist you with checking automated transcriptions for accuracy, they must be given access to your Moodle space with one of the following roles:
- Editing Teacher
- Non-Editing Teacher
- Course and Gradebook Viewer
Our guide to enrol participants onto a Moodle space will help you with this.
The option to allow students enrolled on your course to edit transcripts is turned off by default. Turning this on will allow all students enrolled on the Moodle space to edit the transcripts. Permission cannot be granted to individual students.
- Access the captures for the course via the Echo 360 block on the courses Moodle page.
- Click Settings, top-right of the page
- Click Features, on the left of the page
- Scroll down to Student Transcript Editor
- Click the toggle to turn this option on
Once permission has been granted, the transcripts can be accessed via the Echo360 block on your Moodle space.
- Click the Echo 360 block on the Moodle space
- Click the green (or grey if viewed) button to the right of the capture
- Click Edit Transcript
- Review the transcript, click Edit transcript on the top-right of the page to begin editing the transcript
- Click Save as new versiononce the transcript has been reviewed and changes made
When a transcript is edited it is saved as a new version, preserving the previous version.
The most recently edited version of the transcript will be used as the active transcript displayed on the video by default.
You can change the version you want to be displayed on the video using the dropdown found in the top left of the transcript editor page. You also use this dropdown to select a version you want to edit.
The author and date of the version of the transcript currently selected is displayed in the transcript editor.
- Introduction to managing course participants
- Make your course visible to students
- Enrolment methods and managing access permissions
- Enrol participants using Warwick auto-enrolment
- Manually enrol participants onto a Moodle space
- Roles and their functions in Moodle
- Groups and groupings
- Enable activity completion
- Mark activity completion manually
- Track activity completion
- Course completion
- Course participation
- Introduction to assessment and feedback
- Create a fail / pass scale
- Create a custom certificate
- Create and manage badges
- Reports, logs and completion data in Moodle
- Create an assignment
- Create an assignment for group submission
- Set up Turnitin within an assignment
- Create and grade a submission using a rubric
- Use a marking workflow for assignments
- Blind marking
- Allocate markers to specific submissions
- Provide grades and feedback for individual assignments
- Check the status of submissions
- Hide or show grades and feedback
- Introduction to eStream
- Access your eStream content
- Uploading videos to eStream
- Edit videos in eStream
- Edit video thumbnail
- Uploading a closed captions (subtitles) file to eStream
- Add eStream videos to Mahara
- Sharing eStream videos to Moodle
- Sharing an eStream video with a link
- Setup a video assignment in Moodle