Whilst it is possible to stream youtube videos, eStream provides a more secure platform that is integrated with your Warwick account.
Open your MyPortfolio page in edit view.
Step 1. Select “External” from the Edit menu
Step 2. From the extended External menu, select “External media”
Step 3. From the pop-up window, select where you would like to position the media file on your page.
Step 4. Select the eStream icon for your external media source
Tip: to locate the correct icon hover over each image and the name of the resource will appear
Step 5. Once you have selected eStream as your media source, you will then need to login
Login to eStream using your Warwick IT username and password
Step 6. Once you have logged in, search for the video you wish to use and select “Share by Web Link” or “Share by embedding”
Step 7. You may want to consider adjusting the Hight and Width of the video frame
Step 8. If you wish to add authentication select the option as shown below
Step 9. Once you have completed the necessary video configuration, select the embedded code, right click and copy it.
Step 10. Open the Mahara window, and paste the embed code into the box as shown below and select Save
You may update the media title
Step 11. Once you’ve saved the embedded code, the video would then appear on your Mahara page - where specified in step 3.
- Introduction to managing course participants
- Make your course visible to students
- Check participants
- Enrolment methods and managing access permissions
- Roles and their functions in Moodle
- Switch to another role
- Create groups
- Create groupings
- Using activities with groups and groupings
- Activity completion
- Course completion
- Course participation
- Introduction to assessment and feedback
- Create and grade a submission using a rubric
- Use a marking workflow for assignments
- Allocate markers to specific submissions
- Create a fail / pass scale
- Provide grades and feedback for individual assignments
- Check the status of submissions
- Hide or show grades and feedback
- Create a custom certificate
- Create and manage badges