Captions (subtitles) are text alternatives to on screen content which capture all the spoken audio, plus on-screen text and descriptions of key visual information that wouldn’t otherwise be accessible without seeing the video.
Captions help participants who have sight or hearing impairments as well as non-native speakers.
You can create caption files youself or use free automated services to help.
Your captions file must be .srt format.
- Upload your video/audio to eStream
- Once uploaded, navigate to the video
- Click on Manage Subtitles
- Click on Upload Subtitles File (.srt)
- Select the .srt file from your computer
When viewing the video, click on the CC icon to enable captions (subtitles).
This guide was last updated September 2019.
- Introduction to managing course participants
- Make your course visible to students
- Check participants
- Enrolment methods and managing access permissions
- Roles and their functions in Moodle
- Switch to another role
- Create groups
- Create groupings
- Using activities with groups and groupings
- Activity completion
- Course completion
- Course participation
- Introduction to assessment and feedback
- Create and grade a submission using a rubric
- Use a marking workflow for assignments
- Allocate markers to specific submissions
- Create a fail / pass scale
- Provide grades and feedback for individual assignments
- Check the status of submissions
- Hide or show grades and feedback
- Create a custom certificate
- Create and manage badges