- Login to eStream: https://estream.warwick.ac.uk/Login2.aspx using your Warwick IT username and password
Step 2. Once logged in you will be shown the home screen. Here you can view the most recently added videos and videos by popularity.
Step 3. The standard navigation is at the top of the page. The navigation bar also includes a search functionality.
You can find videos in two ways by searching or by using the navigation option categories.
There are two places to search on the homepage the top search box which appears on every page and the search box on the homepage.
- You can search for keywords or a specific video titles. For example: keyword search “CVs”
- From the list of search results select the title of the video you wish to view and select play.
To view all videos available to you select “Categories” from the top menu.
- Select the category "Warwick Students" tile
You will now see a list of videos ordered by the most recent upload
- You can reorder the list by: date, duration, popularity, rating, title, and last viewed. Select the relevant order and Click on the magnifying glass icon to reorder
It is also possible to order the list by Ascending or Descending. Select the relevant order and Click on the magnifying glass icon to reorder
Every student has a MyHome space on eStream. The link can be found in the top right hand corner.
The “MyHome” page has a number of tabs.
The Media tab will allow you to access and manage your media.
Click on the magnifying glass icon to view a full list of your media uploads.
N.B. Do not add text to the search box
The My Conversions tab will allow you to monitor any uploaded media that you have in the conversion queue.
The Lists tab will allow you to manage your favourites and recommended items.
Favourites is a list of your favourite items, select any item’s thumbnail or title to view the item. Use the dustbin icon to delete the item from the list.
Recommended tab is a list of items you have recommended. As with favourites select any item’s thumbnail or title to view the item. Use the dustbin icon to delete the item from the list.
Step 1. To create a new playlist click on “Create” from the menu list and then select “Playlist”
Step 2. Add details for your playlist.
Step 3. Under “Select Categories to add this item to” select “Warwick students”
Step 4. Once you have entered the playlist details and selected the category, Click on the “Create” button
Step 5. Add items: Select the “Add Item to Playlist” option to start populating the playlist.
Step 6. A new window will appear on the left. Here you can search the available videos. Select to view the video you would like to add to the playlist
Step 7. From the “Details” tab, Select the “Add to” button and then “Add to PlayList” from the dropdown menu.
Step 8. You will then need to select the playlist that you would like to add the video to
Step 9. When you have finished searching and adding videos to your Playlist select the X.
Step 10. The video player will be displayed. The items from the playlist will be played here.
As a student your videos are private by default. This means that in the eStream portal they cannot be found by either students or by staff.
The way in which you as a student can share your videos is by uploading them as an assignment to Moodle or sharing them by embedding them in MyPortfolio.
1) Share by embedding
When you embed one of your videos in for example MyPortfolio it will require that another user be logged in to view it.
To Share by embedding find the video you want to share.
Step 1. Select “Share” and “Share by Embedding”
Step 2. Choose the options you want. For example size of video etc..
Step 3. Copy the embed code and add it to the page (eg. MyPortfolio).
2) Share by Web Link
To share a link select “Share” then “Share by Web Link”
Under Options select “Unrestricted Access” and change the choice to “Always”. This will allow users to view your video but will still require that they login as either student or staff to view it.
If you want the video to only be available for a short time you can limit the access by a number of days.
If you want to be allow people outside of Warwick to view your video make sure “Bypass Authentication” has a tick.
Leaving “Bypass Authentication” unticked will make the video viewable only by current Warwick Students and Staff with a Warwick IT login.
Once your embed code is configured, you may then copy the web link and share it on Moodle and/or ePortfolio
- Introduction to managing course participants
- Make your course visible to students
- Check participants
- Enrolment methods and managing access permissions
- Enrol participants using Warwick auto-enrolment
- Enable Warwick Guest Access
- Manually enrol participants onto a Moodle space
- Roles and their functions in Moodle
- Switch to another role
- Create groups
- Create groupings
- Using group mode with activities
- Enable activity completion
- Mark activity completion manually
- Track activity completion
- Course completion
- Course participation
- Introduction to structuring your course
- Choose or change the format of your course
- Add a course header
- Add a course description
- Add a block
- Move or delete a block
- Manage sections within a Moodle space
- Add, move, delete or hide a section
- Restrict access to sections and activities
- Using tags in Moodle
- Introduction to assessment and feedback
- Grant extensions for assessments in Moodle
- Create a custom certificate
- Create and manage badges
- Create an assignment
- Create an assignment for group submission
- Create a fail / pass scale
- Create and grade a submission using a rubric
- Use a marking workflow for assignments
- Blind marking
- Allocate markers to specific submissions
- Provide grades and feedback for individual assignments
- Set up Turnitin within an assignment
- Check the status of submissions
- Hide or show grades and feedback
- Introduction to eStream
- Access your eStream content
- Uploading videos to eStream
- Edit videos in eStream
- Edit video thumbnail
- Uploading a closed captions (subtitles) file to eStream
- Add eStream videos to Mahara
- Sharing eStream videos to Moodle
- Sharing an eStream video with a link
- eStream mobile app
- Setup a video assignment in Moodle