Content (or artefacts) can be added from previously uploaded items or created directly on the page itself. These can be moved around and the layout changed to create different page versions tuned to a particular audience.
Add pre-created artefacts.
Items already stored in Mahara can be added from the left hand side edit menu (1) by dragging and dropping them (2) onto the page in one of the layout containers.
A new window will 'fly in' from the right. At the top, it will show the artefact type (3) and you will be prompted to choose from the list of existing artefacts of that type (4). In addition, you can usually change the block title and, optionally, add tags to the item (5). Click save to add the chosen item to the page.
Create new artefacts
Artefacts can also be created in-situ on the page (some of these will then be stored in the Content section so they can be reused e.g. Notes).
To create a new artefact (e.g. a text entry), select it in the left hand menu (1) and then drag and drop it into one of the content boxes on the page (2). This will open the configuration window (3), where you can set a title for the new artefact and add your content (4) (as well as optional tags (5)). This will differ for each type of artefact. Finally, click save to add the artefact to the page.
These blocks / artefacts can then be dragged to new locations on the page and rearranged as required.
See this page in the Mahara.org user guide for more information on the Page editor
The information on this page relates to Mahara 18.10 and was last updated December 2018.
- Introduction to managing course participants
- Make your course visible to students
- Check participants
- Enrolment methods and managing access permissions
- Roles and their functions in Moodle
- Switch to another role
- Create groups
- Create groupings
- Using activities with groups and groupings
- Activity completion
- Course completion
- Course participation
- Introduction to assessment and feedback
- Create and grade a submission using a rubric
- Use a marking workflow for assignments
- Allocate markers to specific submissions
- Create a fail / pass scale
- Provide grades and feedback for individual assignments
- Check the status of submissions
- Hide or show grades and feedback
- Create a custom certificate
- Create and manage badges