An important element of a portfolio is the ability to draw together (and reuse) pages in multiple collections focusing on the important aspects for your current requirement (whether this is a job interview, submitting professional development evidence, an assignment etc).
Create a new collection
Click on the + New button on the portfolio page and select Collection from the pop up.
This will open the Edit collection window.
- Add a descriptive collection name
- and a detailed description of the collection - these will both appear on the collection as it is shown on the Portfolio page.
- It is also useful to add tags to the portfolio to make searching easier (especially if you have a large number of pages and collections).
- Click 'Next: Edit collection pages' to go to the next step.
Add pages to the collection
In this screen, you select the pages you want to add to your new collection.
- Select the pages that want to add to the collection and either drag and drop them, or check the boxes, and click Add pages.
- Any existing pages already in the collection (if editing an existing collection), as well as new pages added, appear on the right.
Select Done when you have finished adding pages and the new collection will appear on your Portfolio page.
You can share your collection by clicking on the padlock icon (1), and see a list of the pages in the collection by clicking on the page icon (2).
Editing an existing collection
Selecting the menu will open up further options for managing, editing and deleting a collection.
This screen allows you to add pages (if there are any available) and to reorder or remove existing pages - see above for more
The edit section allows you to change the collection name and description that you set when creating it originally. You can also add or remove tags.
Selecting delete opens a warning message to confirm that you really want to delete this collection. It does not delete the individual pages and does not affect other collections that use some of the same pages. Select Yes to remove the collection or no to close the delete dialogue window and return to the pages and collections page.
The information on this page relates to Mahara 18.10 and was last updated December 2018.
- Introduction to managing course participants
- Make your course visible to students
- Check participants
- Enrolment methods and managing access permissions
- Roles and their functions in Moodle
- Switch to another role
- Create groups
- Create groupings
- Using activities with groups and groupings
- Activity completion
- Course completion
- Course participation
- Introduction to assessment and feedback
- Create and grade a submission using a rubric
- Use a marking workflow for assignments
- Allocate markers to specific submissions
- Create a fail / pass scale
- Provide grades and feedback for individual assignments
- Check the status of submissions
- Hide or show grades and feedback
- Create a custom certificate
- Create and manage badges