There are two options for exporting a Mahara ePortfolio:
- Standalone HTML website: A zip file containing a website with your portfolio data is created. You cannot import this into Mahara or another portfolio system again, but it is readable in a standard web browser and you do not need a Mahara in order to view it. To view this website, extract the zip file and click on the index.html file that is in the folder.
- Leap2A: A zip file containing a folder in the Leap2A standard format is created. You can then import this into another Leap2A-compliant system or you can import it into your own account again (see step 1, but click import, instead of export).
We recommended that you do both i.e. HTML and Leap2A to cover all the options to ensure that you are able to reimport the work successfully.
Exporting a Portfolio
- Click on the icon top-right with the three green lines, then click on the downward pointing arrow to the right hand-side of 'Manage' of then 'Export'.
2. Choose an export format: Standalone HTML website or Leap2A. You can run through the export twice in order to get both formats.
Choose what you want to export:
- All my data: Everything that is stored in your account in Content and Portfolio. Excluded are any of your group contributions.
- Just some of my pages: You can choose which pages and the artefacts that are contained within them you want to export.
- Just some of my collections: You can select which collections and the artefacts that are contained within them you want to export.
If you choose either 'some pages' or 'some collections' choose them in the box below, and check the preview to ensure that everything that you want / expect is included.
Click the 'Generate export' button to start the export process.
The information on this page relates to Mahara 18.10 and was last updated December 2018.
- Introduction to managing course participants
- Make your course visible to students
- Check participants
- Enrolment methods and managing access permissions
- Roles and their functions in Moodle
- Switch to another role
- Create groups
- Create groupings
- Using activities with groups and groupings
- Activity completion
- Course completion
- Course participation
- Introduction to assessment and feedback
- Create and grade a submission using a rubric
- Use a marking workflow for assignments
- Allocate markers to specific submissions
- Create a fail / pass scale
- Provide grades and feedback for individual assignments
- Check the status of submissions
- Hide or show grades and feedback
- Create a custom certificate
- Create and manage badges