Report objectionable content
Any offensive or inapropriate material can be reported by clicking on the via the edit button in the top right of a page, file, journal or note.
A new window will then open, where you can fill in the complaint details - please provide information why you think the content is objectionable and should be removed or changed.
Content reported as objectionable is then flagged to an administrator for review. They will check the material against the University terms and conditions and either:
- Declare the item reported as 'Still objectionable'.
- Amend this to 'Not objectionable' if the content is in line with the terms and conditions of the site.
If an item is declared and confirmed as objectionable, the administrator will contact the owner of the portfolio with advice and may also revoke access to the portfolio until the items are removed or amended.
Remove objectionable material as portfolio author
As portfolio author, you receive a notification about the objectionable material review and can fix the issues. You can then send a message to the administrator and ask them to perform another review.
- On the portfolio page, click the Review objectionable material button.
- A window opens in which you can type your message to the administrator, detailing the changes you have made to your portfolio that will lift the objectionable material notice.
- Click the Notify administrator button to send your message or click Cancel to abort your action.
- The administrator receives a notification and can review the portfolio again, either marking it as not objectionable or asking for more changes.
For more information on the processes above, please see the Mahara manual entry on Objectionable Content.
The information on this page relates to Mahara 18.10 and was last updated December 2018.
- Introduction to managing course participants
- Make your course visible to students
- Check participants
- Enrolment methods and managing access permissions
- Roles and their functions in Moodle
- Switch to another role
- Create groups
- Create groupings
- Using activities with groups and groupings
- Activity completion
- Course completion
- Course participation
- Introduction to assessment and feedback
- Create and grade a submission using a rubric
- Use a marking workflow for assignments
- Allocate markers to specific submissions
- Create a fail / pass scale
- Provide grades and feedback for individual assignments
- Check the status of submissions
- Hide or show grades and feedback
- Create a custom certificate
- Create and manage badges