Moodle editors can easily add audio and video files into their Moodle-space by dragging and dropping files into the relevant section. After dropping the file, you have the option to add the file as a link or embed it with an audio/video player.
Reminder: There is a file upload limit of up to 500MB (default of 100MB). If you would like to display video files above this amount, then please use eStream - see 'Uploading video to eStream' for guidance.
Adding an audio or video file
- Go to your Moodle space and click 'Turn editing on'.
- Drag and drop the Audio (or video file) into the section where you want to add the multimedia file
- Select the relevant display option
Example of a video file embedded in a Moodle-space section
Example an audio file as a clickable File resource
Embed a YouTube video to your Moodle space
You can embed a YouTube video by pasting the video URL in the relevant Moodle resource.
- Copy the video URL from YouTube
- Open the Moodle Resouce in Edit view
- Paste URL at the appropriate place in the resource
- Click on 'Save and return to course'
Example of an embedded YouTube video in a Label resource
- Introduction to managing course participants
- Make your course visible to students
- Check participants
- Enrolment methods and managing access permissions
- Roles and their functions in Moodle
- Switch to another role
- Create groups
- Create groupings
- Using activities with groups and groupings
- Activity completion
- Course completion
- Course participation
- Introduction to assessment and feedback
- Create and grade a submission using a rubric
- Use a marking workflow for assignments
- Allocate markers to specific submissions
- Create a fail / pass scale
- Provide grades and feedback for individual assignments
- Check the status of submissions
- Hide or show grades and feedback
- Create a custom certificate
- Create and manage badges