You can add a course description to a Moodle space via the Edit settings menu. This will appear on search pages and can be added to the page via a course summary block.
The description can contain text, images, video etc. For more information on editing a description box, please see the text editor page.
When you have finished editing, click save and display at the bottom of the page.
The course description appears in the results when searching for courses.
Course summary block
The course/site summary block provides a summary / description for your course as contained in the summary text of the course settings. This can be added to the right hand side of the space.
Alternatively, if you want your front page summary in the centre of the front page, use a template and type your summary text into the topic section as a "Course header".
- Introduction to managing course participants
- Make your course visible to students
- Check participants
- Enrolment methods and managing access permissions
- Roles and their functions in Moodle
- Switch to another role
- Create groups
- Create groupings
- Using activities with groups and groupings
- Activity completion
- Course completion
- Course participation
- Introduction to assessment and feedback
- Create and grade a submission using a rubric
- Use a marking workflow for assignments
- Allocate markers to specific submissions
- Create a fail / pass scale
- Provide grades and feedback for individual assignments
- Check the status of submissions
- Hide or show grades and feedback
- Create a custom certificate
- Create and manage badges