To make any changes to section(s) within a course space you must first click the silver cog wheel on the top right and then click ‘Turn editing on’ within your Moodle course page.
To add a new section:
1. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click ‘Add sections’
2. Enter ‘number of sections’ you would like to add in to box within the ‘Add sections’ pop up window. Then Click ‘Add sections’ button to make the additions to your course space.
To delete a section:
1. Scroll down to the section you wish to delete. Click ‘Edit’ situated to the right of the topic name. Click ‘Delete section’ from the drop down options.
2. You will be taken to a delete section confirmation page. Click ‘Delete’ to confirm you want to delete the section.
To hide a section:
1. Scroll down to the section you wish to delete. Click ‘Edit’ situated to the right of the topic name. Click ‘Hide section’ from the drop down options.
To move a section:
1. Hover the mouse pointer over the icon next to the topic you wish to move and you will see the pointer change to show the move icon, and an alt text popup appear with the text 'Move section 1 (number) '.
2. Press and hold the left mouse button as you drag and drop the topic, up or down, to its new location. Drop the topic by releasing the mouse button and the topic will slot into its new location.
- Introduction to managing course participants
- Make your course visible to students
- Check participants
- Enrolment methods and managing access permissions
- Roles and their functions in Moodle
- Switch to another role
- Create groups
- Create groupings
- Using activities with groups and groupings
- Activity completion
- Course completion
- Course participation
- Introduction to assessment and feedback
- Create and grade a submission using a rubric
- Use a marking workflow for assignments
- Allocate markers to specific submissions
- Create a fail / pass scale
- Provide grades and feedback for individual assignments
- Check the status of submissions
- Hide or show grades and feedback
- Create a custom certificate
- Create and manage badges