A course format refers to the layout of your course.
Within Moodle you can change the format of your course to:
- Grid format – The course space is organised as sections in a grid, with an image and topic name only visible. Content within each section is displayed upon clicking each sections image/name.
- Topics format – The course space is organised in to topic sections with content in each section fully expanded.
- Collapsed topics – The course space is organised in to topic sections with content within each section hidden and the option to expand or close one or more sections.
- Single activity format – For displaying a single activity or resource (e.g. Quiz or SCORM package) on the course space.
- Social format – A forum is displayed on the course space.
- Weekly format – The course space is organised in to weekly sections, with the first week starting on the course start date.
To change the format of your course
1. Click silver cog wheel on the top right of your Moodle course space.
2. Click ‘Edit settings’ and this will take you to the ‘Edit course settings’ page.
3. Scroll down to ‘Course format’ and expand by clicking the setting name.
4. Scroll to the ‘Format’ setting and use the drop down menu to the left of this setting to select the format you wish to use for your Moodle course space.
5. Scroll down to the bottom of the page, click ‘Save and display’. Your course will now be visible to students and all other participants on your Moodle course space.
- Introduction to managing course participants
- Make your course visible to students
- Check participants
- Enrolment methods and managing access permissions
- Roles and their functions in Moodle
- Switch to another role
- Create groups
- Create groupings
- Using activities with groups and groupings
- Activity completion
- Course completion
- Course participation
- Introduction to assessment and feedback
- Create and grade a submission using a rubric
- Use a marking workflow for assignments
- Allocate markers to specific submissions
- Create a fail / pass scale
- Provide grades and feedback for individual assignments
- Check the status of submissions
- Hide or show grades and feedback
- Create a custom certificate
- Create and manage badges