The custom certificate module allows the generation of dynamic PDF certificates to reward your learners. The custom certificate activity allows course editors to design their own certificate and setup pre-requisites for students to receive the certificate.
Follow the guide below for a step-by-step guide to setting up a custom certificate:
- Adding a custom certificate
- Customising your certificate
- Go to your Moodle space and click Edit.
- Click on 'Add an activity or resource' in the section where you want to add the certificate
- Enter a certificate name
- Expand the 'Options' menu
- Select who you would like a copy of the certificate to be emailed to
- Choose the action you wish to prevent users from performing on this certificate
- Have a look through the other available setting that may be applicable for this certificate
- Click on Help icon next to any of the options to view more information.
Click on Save and Display
In order to customize your certificate:
- Click on the certificate activity to view it
- Click on the cog on the top right and select 'Edit certificate' from the drop-down menu.
You may use the certificate template provided and further customize it to meet your needs. Alternatively, you can design your certificate from a completely blank canvas.
To add the template:
- Scroll down to the 'Load template' section
- Select the template from the drop-down list
- Click on the 'Load' button
On the edit page, you can add elements to your certificate. You can edit, delete and move these elements. The order of these elements determines when they are rendered on the PDF, for example, if you were to add a background image you would want this rendered first.
Below is a list of all the items that you could to add to your certificate.
- To add an element, select relevant item from the drop-down list and click on the 'Add element' button.
- Edit the item as you would like it to appear on the certificate
As you add items to your certificate, you may wish to position them on the certificate page as desired. To reposition elements:
- Click on the 'Reposition elements' link situated at the bottom of the certificate items' list
- Drag and drop the element to change where they are positioned on the certificate.
- Click 'Save and close' once you have completed positioning the element/s.
On this page you can also click on the elements to bring up a dialogue that will allow you to edit its properties without having to go back to the edit custom certificate page.
There are several editing features available for the elements:
- Edit element name
- Edit element item
- Delete element item
- Move element up the rendering order
- Move element down the rendering order
By default, the certificate is laid out in portrait mode. If you would like to change its orientation to landscape then you will need to switch the Hight (297mm) and Width (210mm) metrics.
Please note, by default the metrics are set up for an A4 size certificate. You may change the metrics to match your required size.
- Introduction to managing course participants
- Make your course visible to students
- Check participants
- Enrolment methods and managing access permissions
- Roles and their functions in Moodle
- Switch to another role
- Create groups
- Create groupings
- Using activities with groups and groupings
- Activity completion
- Course completion
- Course participation
- Introduction to assessment and feedback
- Create and grade a submission using a rubric
- Use a marking workflow for assignments
- Allocate markers to specific submissions
- Create a fail / pass scale
- Provide grades and feedback for individual assignments
- Check the status of submissions
- Hide or show grades and feedback
- Create a custom certificate
- Create and manage badges